Search found 497 matches

by winddude
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:26 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Pan-Windsport Meth Free Wave Camp 2019
Replies: 62
Views: 31328

great pics! Heading down to Oregon on Saturday, mostly for the hood, but packing the thick suit so I might head to the coast.
by winddude
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:43 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinaht 2019 Campsite Development
Replies: 59
Views: 28554

Yea great to introduce more people, but not really, a lot of times these remote and sometimes diverse ecosystem are destroyed when more people come. If it gets off the ground it'll be good for the local community, but yea not idea for the env or the windsurfers and kiters.
by winddude
Wed May 15, 2019 11:36 am

Yea, looks like they had lots of dimensional lumber cut in the yard. Hopefully the tables get fixed up, and the sites cleaned up a bit before it gets busy. Is there supposed to be credit cards accepted? I thought I saw a post from maybe "nitnatpat" about accepting credit cards this year? I...
by winddude
Mon May 13, 2019 6:13 pm

seemed like most of the picnic table where pretty rotted this year, and tops or benches falling in. I would have expected those would be usable with the increased fee, but I guess buying quads was more important.
by winddude
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:46 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Pan-Windsport Meth Free Wave Camp 2019
Replies: 62
Views: 31328

Not sure, probably just a week in the hood for me around July long, might trip to the coast conditions dependant, like 100+ in the hood.
by winddude
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 pm

:(
by winddude
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:48 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Advice on conditions for Tofino
Replies: 12
Views: 6840

Can't speak about the wind where your kite is but the wind is really up and down when you're windsurfing at a lot of the beaches around tofino, but i suspect it's still an issue, for kites. The trees and cliffs around the beaches are tall and can create pretty fluky winds.
by winddude
Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:21 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf Foiling Discussion
Replies: 146
Views: 61980

Compression of the core foam I bet, I'd get david m to add a layer of kevlar, carbon, and then glass for a lot of tensile strength. Maybe make sure it's not delaminating around the edges of the indent first, otherwise all the reinforcement could just peel away.
by winddude
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:59 am

I wanted to try to use it on my 104L freestyle wave board. For my weight (about 86kg) I found it very tough to uphaul. The wind was too light to get going. The shape is probably less than ideal for foiling in lighter wind (getting up on the foil) as it is fairly narrow and tappered at the tail. Goo...
by winddude
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:43 am

If the gear gets to a point where a heavyweight like me can start throwing flat water loops in the marginal stuff 15-20knots that'd be sweet!
by winddude
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:41 am

I've only tried one of the starboard dedicated setups for a short trial with a longer mast. Was glad to have it, gave me room to play with the whoops/trim without coming off the foil. Board was wider, I felt like tit was necessary to apply the front foot pressure to stop the foil from lifting out to...
by winddude
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:11 am
Topic: Replacement EVA foam deck pad / traction pad for SUP
Replies: 10
Views: 4655

Saul, I did a new pad on my Hokua. Nasty job getting old pad off. Come over and visit. I will show you the tool to get the pad off very quickly. Then you will have to deal with the adhesive. I used toluene, contact cement remover and acetone....separately of course...and a lot of paper towels. They...
by winddude
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:50 pm
Topic: WTF and Used Sales Shaming
Replies: 98
Views: 45884

WTF... I mean I'm no expert in foil design or fluid dynamics... but I'm sceptical. On the other hand their marketing materials are legit, just look at that infographic. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Windsurfing-hydrofoil-FRPGear-MODEL-2019-HighLift-Extra/292451309774?hash=item441774d8ce:g:570AAOSwIxxan9Q0
by winddude
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:25 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: The Bubble
Replies: 7
Views: 5672

My guess is it has something to do with the current and the water being cooler on the inside, usually where the crab traps are set the seabreeze doesn't fill in because of a high pressure section. Combined with the banana effect, winds always want to blow offshore when near the shore, it creates a l...
by winddude
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 am
Topic: Hood River Bridge tolls
Replies: 5
Views: 3385

What! Guess the washington side needs better restaurants now! lol, I think even that McDonald's closed a year or two ago.