Search found 497 matches

by winddude
Tue May 29, 2018 6:08 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Source for fin boxes?
Replies: 16
Views: 6260

KUS wrote:none in Maui :? :roll: wonder how they build the custom boards if they "have none" ? :?: but there's this:
I know right :s I was thinking the same thing.
by winddude
Thu May 24, 2018 6:54 pm
Topic: Moving in
Replies: 27
Views: 11095

Langford is a happy medium between a quick drive to Gordons and downtown. Downtown if you're near cook street it's alright, but I prefer gordons.

Also the added benefit of a little closer to the south island surf spots... I mean what South Island surf spots. lol
by winddude
Tue May 22, 2018 8:19 am

Shortened US fin box for twinzer

Here's a pic of the shortened US box vs the standard 8" box, I made for my twinzer to replace the slot boxes.
by winddude
Tue May 22, 2018 8:12 am

Cool, it's good idea how he made the mold, I was trying to figure out something when I was looking at slot boxes.

I would be tempted to add a layer of kevlar as well for impact and torque resistance, and use dcell instead of plywood.
by winddude
Mon May 21, 2018 9:31 pm

I have been getting the 8" fin boxes from Swell Composites. They are Futures Strong Box (A-Box). Seem just as strong as Chinook's, but seem a little lighter in weight. They are a bit long for what is really required for thrusters. What I was looking for was 5 - 6" A-Box and haven't found ...
by winddude
Mon May 21, 2018 11:30 am

The US box I've got is 8", I owe him some dcell so if it works for him he can grab it.

could also try send rob at Roberts sailboards an email or call and see if he has some mini tuttles.
by winddude
Mon May 21, 2018 8:46 am

you check if Nelson Factory in Maui or Open Ocean in the Gorge, maybe they have some that they could sell you?

I have a US fin box, can't remember if it's 8 or 10.
by winddude
Mon May 14, 2018 6:10 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Wave Camp and Meth Free Zone Party 2018
Replies: 65
Views: 36627

Thanks jelly and Wdoc! Really sorry to hear that Lawrence. It looked like a significant sprain injury when you did it. Why such a long delay for surgery. It was ? October when that happened? Yea, first week of october I think. It took awhile to diagnose, because initially it only looked like a reall...
by winddude
Sat May 12, 2018 3:04 pm

I'm going for ankle surgery so no coast or water this summer. Maybe this fall if I'm lucky.
by winddude
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:49 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: older mistral board
Replies: 5
Views: 5732

Probably won't find another one, could try these guys, http://www.windpowerwindsurfing.com/, they have a few old mistral parts listed. Your board might have had the same cassette as an Mistral Equipe or One Design. Could maybe fix it by taking it out, copy the pattern, filling the cassette sides wit...
by winddude
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Want to, hoping for the best with the ankle.

not looking forward to bringing my own ice cream.
by winddude
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:08 am
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 121094

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified- ... trending/7

No idea on value on these mercedes vans, parts might be expensive, and in the 90s mercedes was plagued with electrical issues.
by winddude
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:03 am
Topic: WTF and Used Sales Shaming
Replies: 98
Views: 45881

Why do people even bother? No pics, no info, $500... :roll: http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/wind-surfboard_27067537 oh but they sell black currant plants and hard drives!! :shock: The hard drives are almost more over priced than the windurf gear. The black current plants might be a good d...
by winddude
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm
Topic: SUP, Wave foil
Replies: 5
Views: 4410

Is there any foil the factories in China AREN'T selling off the back of the truck? I don't think there are any factories in china that don't let alone foil factories. It's what they do. I would also be worried about the knockoff quality, even they they are using the same molds, they might use few l...
by winddude
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:49 am
Topic: New Compact Board Shapes
Replies: 22
Views: 10612

compact is soo old school, now there are these peanut shapes, last year we saw surfboard's in the peanut shape, now freestyle and waveboards. No idea when they will turn up in production. [Vimeo]https://vimeo.com/233178313[/Vimeo] Took me awhile to wrap my head around the concept because it's soo di...