Search found 250 matches

by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:53 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Noobs & Kooks Unite! (Island View?)
Replies: 43
Views: 11043

Noobs & Kooks Unite! (Island View?)

July 26th: Downwinders @ Gordon's, or Gordons/Renfrew Fri/Sat/Sun? See my post ! ************************** I'm pretty new to the sport (did my lessons with Elevation in Aug) and have the gear now. Just looking for other newbies to buddy up with for coordinating Island View sessions (I know lots of ...
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:03 pm
Topic: psychofreak fsw 4.5 3.5 vs mutant 5 4 or 4 3
Replies: 13
Views: 3823

If you get cold easy I'd probably go for the 5/4, I use my 5/4/3 Infinity year round (surfing), I wasn't too hot in Nitinat in august (with the hood down), and could still sorta feel my hands and feet Jan 2nd in Jordan River
by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:41 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Wet Suit Sale at Switch Boardshop
Replies: 1
Views: 639

was just in there this afternoon and it looked like they had one of every size
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:26 pm
Topic: Shawnigan Lake?
Replies: 3
Views: 1207

Thanks.
I know the grassy area on the west side (where we'd launch from in our regattas when I used to row), I just havent been there in ages and have never looked at it from a kiters perspective.
by SmallWaveSteve
Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:29 pm
Topic: Shawnigan Lake?
Replies: 3
Views: 1207

Shawnigan Lake?

I'm gonna be heading up to stay at a friends place there in a couple weeks.
I was wondering if there are any suitable spots on the lake for kiteboarding (haven't been up there in years). I assume there's probably too much boat traffic, but figured there's not harm in asking :)
by SmallWaveSteve
Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:45 pm
Topic: Nitinat Lessons
Replies: 16
Views: 4521

thanks Jim, now that I've been out there to see what its like, I'm really glad I did the seadoo assisted lesson.
As far as gear goes I got a North Rebel, now I just need the rest of the gear to go along with it (hoping to find an big inexpensive used board etc.. for now to keep the cost down)
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Did lessons with Elevation Monday/Tuesday! I'm hooked now, just gotta work on riding switch (it feels so wrong), I'm officially in the market for gear now if anyone hears of anything!
by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:24 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: XtremeWear sunglasses sold in Vic anywhere?
Replies: 0
Views: 421

XtremeWear sunglasses sold in Vic anywhere?

I was just thinking about it and thought it might be prudent to pic up a set of the XtremeWear sunglasses before I do my lessons monday/tuesday (I wear contacts that dry out pretty quick in the wind). The odds of getting a response on a beautiful day like today are probably pretty poor, but its wort...
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:05 pm

There aren't any powerlines there (they drop underground where the clearing along the beach starts) At least give me that much credit :p Ended up booking with Elevation this evening (I had been talking to them beforehand, had just hoped saving some coin was going to be a less bad idea :p) For the Vi...
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Nitinat Lessons

Hey all, planning on doing some lessons in the next little bit at Nitinat (100% beginner). I've been looking at my options (elevation and strong both look/sound great) I also stumbled across Gray Robinson, his lessons are quite a bit cheaper (read half the price) but they're not boat assisted as far...