Search found 422 matches

by abetanzo
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:10 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinaht 2019 Campsite Development
Replies: 59
Views: 28557

As always it takes a minority to ruin it for the majority... Seems like there also was a majority of people with dogs loose and as CTK mentioned dogs were the campgrounds number one complaint! Most campgrounds are leashes on and I do totally understand.. Now my only wish is that we can treat the smo...
by abetanzo
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 am

Dogs on leash?? what are people's thoughts?? My dog is more likely to misbehave on a leash when meeting other dogs.. generally he stays very close to me and doesn't venture out and about.. of course there are the odd situations when he disobeys growing up with dogs I find most are better behaved off...
by abetanzo
Wed May 15, 2019 3:22 pm

can we place tin buckets around campsites / beach areas to collect cig butts???

the beach is getting littered with them and most smokers just don't give a shit!!!you know who you are!!!
by abetanzo
Mon May 13, 2019 3:53 pm

I know camping fees have always been a touchy subject so maybe we could get something like this: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/fees/party_size_table_2004.pdf?v=1557787209663 to explain and justify the costs. Sometimes we don't get a fire pit or picnic table and these are basic 'services' which wo...
by abetanzo
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:40 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: NP CR:X Kites for beginner
Replies: 5
Views: 4378

Don't fork out that much for your first set of kites.. many newbies will do that then have to repair the kite mid season after splitting it leading to trailing edge. look for old school kites in September... many people have bought new kites early season and are selling last years set... look for oc...
by abetanzo
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:00 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Pan-Windsport Meth Free Wave Camp 2019
Replies: 62
Views: 31330

Not sure bout the prawn juice but I hope to make it down if there’s room for a kook on the waves
by abetanzo
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:13 pm

me and winddude only have beef at Jordan River... and that was ages ago!! Nitinat needs an expansion and I'm all for it... when people set up camp for months its crappy for the weekend warrior.. or the out of towner's 2 week vacation.. I think as a group we need to ask and help to create more picnic...
by abetanzo
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:19 pm

I think this is pretty awesome and a positive for everyone and anyone!! The new road may have caused some intrusion and exposure to a venerable area but I believe us as a group can make it into a paradise!! it would be great to hear what exactly is happening?? as a core group of people who pay the f...
by abetanzo
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:28 pm
Topic: Agate vs IV
Replies: 4
Views: 3950

Island View has bad shore pound during a high tide.. then there is the log jam rip tide.. shifty winds inshore.. gusty conditions offshore..

beginners should probably not venture out during winter storms!

Agate is a better NE wind location.. not ideal for SE as there isn't much of a fetch
by abetanzo
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:46 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Winter Sailing - ARE WE PREPARED??
Replies: 52
Views: 32792

just wanted to revamp this thread and highlight a few things... Island View shut off and went SW after cranking SE on sunday.. 3-4 kiters were caught out there downwind on the eastern side of Haro Strait.. one ended up on James Island! others very far downwind.. maybe even rescued via paddle board.....
by abetanzo
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:22 pm
Topic: Atan Booties Order
Replies: 22
Views: 11764

I'll take a pair... the ones Davey K took were for me!

I wear a size 10 shoe.. I think T3??
by abetanzo
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:55 am
Topic: training kite locations
Replies: 5
Views: 3932

soccer fields will be located in land.. away from a consistent wind speed and direction... in land things will disturb the wind and cause gusty variable conditions.. the last thing you want to do is make it harder to learn.. stick to the locations juan mentioned and you'll be doing better quicker. y...
by abetanzo
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:45 am
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 121106

by abetanzo
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:13 pm
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147479

Tempy.. yes it was a bad accident that totally could have been avoided but was simply a series of unfortunate events what I understand from the Windfest 1st Aid (who happened to be on site) what happened was a few bad decisions.. one person was helping a grom get into a pair of oversized boots and t...