:lol:
by Gdawg
Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:35 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Camping at Pistol / Cape Sebastien
Replies: 8
Views: 2274

Camping at Pistol / Cape Sebastien

Hi Gang, The family and I are doing an Oregon coast road trip this summer. Its been years since I was down on the south coast and last time I was there I slept in my car right at the pullout at Pistol. I'll have a little more inertia with me this time - an RV, wife and kids. Can anyone offer any bet...
by Gdawg
Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:34 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: back loop tips
Replies: 29
Views: 7752

winddoctor wrote:This is the winter for pushloops. There. I said it.
There - I said it too. This is the winter that Windoc will get pushloops dialed.
by Gdawg
Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:27 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Hunting For The Wind
Views: 8808

Well done. Thanks for sharing
+1
by Gdawg
Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 pm
Topic: FWD Loop motivation
Replies: 53
Views: 8810

This Jem Hall video is new to me, but its another pretty good one:

http://video.mpora.com/ep/2lVMLtIz7/
by Gdawg
Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:56 am
Topic: Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!
Replies: 289
Views: 84286

Thinking of Andrei and his family. Much indebted to him for all he has brought to this community over the years. Aloha.
by Gdawg
Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:43 am
Topic: FWD Loop motivation
Replies: 53
Views: 8810

Re looping on both tacks, you'll definitely have a favoured tack but fight the good fight and get them going on both tacks. For me I was always a better starboard jumper but looping came more easily on port because a) I was already doing sketchy off-balanced nose first landings on port so I didnt ha...
by Gdawg
Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:08 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Sayulita Bucerias Puerto Vallarta
Replies: 5
Views: 2024

Just got back from Punta Mita (10 minutes north of Bucerias) yesterday. This trip was family / surf driven so I wasn't watching specifically with an eye for kiting. That said, I was told by the local surf shop that there are a bunch of people kiting locally every afternoon when the seabreeze kicks u...
by Gdawg
Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:36 pm
Topic: RV Windsurf Equipment Carrying Options
Replies: 16
Views: 2905

OK - now I've got to ask - why the hate-on for the Class C mohos? What am I missing apart from drastically underestimating the cost of ownership and overestimating my annual usage? I'll be travelling with a windsurfing wife and 2 small kids to the extetnt that this influences your response.
by Gdawg
Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:28 am
Topic: RV Windsurf Equipment Carrying Options
Replies: 16
Views: 2905

RV Windsurf Equipment Carrying Options

Looking for advice from those of you who have an RV / Motorhome and windsurf. I'm looking at buying a small Class C and am wondering about the pros and cons of the various gear carrying options. For the most part carrying equipment inside won't be an option, hence I'm looking at either roof mounted ...
by Gdawg
Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:28 pm
Topic: back loop tips
Views: 7752

Personally, I think this looks like a nice tidy way to execute one's back loops. Well suited for the onshore conditions we get at Columbia. As the best resident back looper, I expect to see Windoc demonstrate the technique this winter.

[Vimeo]http://vimeo.com/26568924[/Vimeo]
by Gdawg
Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 pm
Topic: GATH helmet order? - BWD fundraiser
Replies: 13
Views: 3753

See an unsolicited endorsement of a Gath helmet here: http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/sailin ... ew&p=12906
by Gdawg
Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 pm
Topic: Floras Lake
Replies: 13
Views: 2698

I concur with the upgraded HR park being a good place for kids. It's where I end up sailing with family (2yr and 4th old). Wife can sail close to Or side in Nitnat style conditions. I usually stick closer to Wa or sail up to the Hatch. Nice sandy beach and playground and tonnes of other kids for the...
by Gdawg
Mon May 30, 2011 9:25 pm
Topic: Cutting a mast down
Replies: 17
Views: 5013

Wet tile saw. Diamond blade if you were going to do a whole lot of cutting, but a carbide will get through a mast just fine. Masking / overwrapping etc is unnecessary - let the saw do the work and it will not splinter. Geoffy can elaborate on this as he has guys / equipment who cut through a couple ...
by Gdawg
Tue May 17, 2011 7:50 am
Topic: Crud or Cream?
Replies: 7
Views: 1545

Good topic. I reckon the crud is probably better for growing your sailing - it always seemed to me that the best sailors (highest jumps, cleanest loops, even the best waveriders) cut their teeth in places that are windy, but not necessarily pretty. A kid who grows up sailing in the Canary islands wi...