Search found 65 matches

by frank
Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:41 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: LaPerouse - there is this place?
Replies: 4
Views: 5215

Smith Island, you mean Shit Island... everytime i sailed close to it when going & returning from Port Townsend, I could smell the smell coming out of the swell/wave/wakes!! victoria's outpipe? PT or Whidbey outpipe? couldn't tell by the smell...!!! beside that, very nice roller in that area .......
by frank
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:22 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Carrying a waterproof marine radio while kiting
Replies: 5
Views: 3445

Ia Orana, when by myself or in remote places, i do put one inside my chest zipper/flap. Standard Horizon HX851, floating, waterproof & GPS.... few years back, left Tofino harbour by dinghy/zodiac went to south Chesterman to windsurf, fog rolled in fast at end of day, so left back for harbour, go...
by frank
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:38 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Bonaire? Rec a good place to stay or just go to Maui or ?
Replies: 7
Views: 5142

anywhere you go in the caribe, try to nail the Christmas wind in december to january...!! Geoffy could brief you!...but i think Tobago as more to offer as a caribe island...bucco reef is family friendly, good drift diving all around the island.and excellent family surfing at Mt-Irvine! and not touri...
by frank
Mon May 25, 2015 5:38 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: drone drone drone
Replies: 16
Views: 4705

wow, waterproof hovercraft, my daughter would love that!!?/

and thanks for the flashback, Lake Ouareau, quebec, i was raised there and learned to windsurf there in 'summer"80!!!!
by frank
Tue May 19, 2015 5:53 am

ya Heffe, ...batteries quite important, the LiLy has a non replacable battery, meaning the unit might be dead/non-servicable in +/-18months!! ..disposable $500 drone!? JL, indeed the Mariner looks like a good buy, truly waterproof and fully customable...have you ever bought something from that chine...
by frank
Sun May 17, 2015 5:03 am

thanks all, good feedbacks.

and great footage, that made me quite nostalgic of the island!!!?

i found the phantom waterproof video...it's sees like it needs a dip in Liquipel>.
http://droneflyers.com/talk/threads/wat ... azing.386/
by frank
Sat May 16, 2015 8:08 am

ya, i see that as a big problem not able to drive the Lily on manual mode! but that could be a good line chopper to create a "safety zone" in congested areas!!!...just sharpen the blades a bit!! can the phantom be waterproofed? i saw a video of it landing in breaking waves getting rolled a...
by frank
Fri May 15, 2015 12:40 pm

drone drone drone

any drone expert in the crowd???? i'm starting to look into a waterproof drone and there's plenty coming out now and shortly. any recommendation/experiences?? i'm now looking at : The older(2014) Mariner: http://www.ambientreallife.com/product/mariner-drone-basic-version/ or http://fpvfactory.com/ t...
by frank
Fri May 15, 2015 12:29 pm
Topic: 1111 - or why did I log my sailing sessions?
Replies: 18
Views: 9163

wow, not sure if that counts, but end of the month i will hit that figure for number of days fulltime/non-stop on the boat cruising ...but man, i wished i was hiting that figure for windsurf/kitesurf/surf logs!!! maybe i should start loging again!! but hey, now so disconnected from the "unreal ...
by frank
Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:30 am
Topic: Latest in Wetsuits - what to buy?
Replies: 68
Views: 29178

does anyone have feedbacks about the Patagonia?
is it worth the price!?
by frank
Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:47 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Maui Trips
Replies: 30
Views: 8655

to anyone interested, i'm already taking booking for Jan 2017 to June 2017 winter!!!
i will be alone on the boat, so room/bed for 4 along with gear.
keeping the boat in either Kahului or Lahaina, depending on weather.
you rent a car for your trip, i supply the bed!!
just PM me?
by frank
Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:03 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Why kiters have a bad rep
Replies: 41
Views: 9904

wow... i'm a kiter/windsurfer/yacht owner...!!?? oh, and i SUP tooo!! but never done that... "have over 10 years '''international''' race experience windsurfing" ...can someone define international please! i like crapy thread going nowhere...quite entertaining....can we get a thread going ...
by frank
Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:12 am
Topic: 3D, Graphene, New Age Board Design -Msg board thead saver
Replies: 10
Views: 3467

west system with awlgrip

hey boardbuilders... i thaught i would pass on a new testing i did the last two weeks....to uv protect the epoxy and avoid having to coat it...like with 2part PU paint or else.... i added some awlgrip to my regular west system mix (just the awlgrip paint and not it's activator)....works great, cured...
by frank
Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Long Beach and further north
Replies: 20
Views: 5580

i've spent a almost a week there the previous summer in late july...3 days in Mary Bassin and then 2 days in Yuquot/Friendly cove hopin for wind... but got unlucky with wind once there...had sun & NW15to 28knts every day sailing down the island but fogged in once we got to Nootka area... I think...
by frank
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:25 am
Topic: ocean race
Replies: 4
Views: 1052

now i'm aroused....