Search found 26 matches

by raztec
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:00 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Wetsuit recommendations?
Replies: 14
Views: 7104

Wetsuit recommendations?

Newbie looking to get a wet suit to use at Nitnat primarily and (in time) at Dallas. I generally can't tolerate the cold very well and often have to wear heated gloves for skiing or motorcycle riding. I have a shorty I can use for Okanagan or Baja, but for Nitnat or Dallas what thickness would you g...
by raztec
Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:01 pm
Topic: Newbie looking for advice on gear, locations etc.
Replies: 17
Views: 7092

Teabag wrote:Raztec, forget about the beginner board, I have a "Door" here that is just waiting for newbie to try on weekends at Nitinaht....
I sent you pm. Would love to give this "door" a try this weekend.

Many thanks
A
by raztec
Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:46 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Nitinat conditions
Replies: 7
Views: 3537

When's the best time for Nitnat and what's the most common wind strength?

Thanks
by raztec
Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:17 am
Topic: 2 or 3 kite quiver for Nitnat
Replies: 6
Views: 2539

Thanks guys.
I'm 80kg or about 175lb.
Budget can afford 2 better kites or 3 more used ones.
Also, my board experience is very limited so if anyone has a larger beginner friendly board that will help with going upwind, I'd be interested.

Cheers
by raztec
Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:19 am

Is the prodigy beginner friendly?
I tried an older one in Costa Rica and found it a bit too dynamic and agile, but maybe I'll get used to it in time.
What are you asking for them?
by raztec
Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:39 am

2 or 3 kite quiver for Nitnat

I've got a limited budget and am only a beginner. I live between Nelson and Victoria so am looking to ride Nitnat and the Okanagan in the summer months for the next few years. In the winters, I'll head down to the Baja most likely. If I went for a 2 kite quiver, which sizes should I get? How about a...
by raztec
Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks. You mean the first gen prodigy? I'll look into it.
How about this set up? Any good for a beginner?
http://bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7948
by raztec
Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:27 am

When I was down there two of the three schools were using cabrinha school edition kites, which are built much heavier duty (and lower performance, due to the extra weight, I would imagine), if those where what you were using youd be hard pressed to find something that beefy. That being said i think...
by raztec
Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Raztec, forget about the beginner board, I have a "Door" here that is just waiting for newbie to try on weekends at Nitinaht. You spend two days on it, you "overgrow" it, then you are ready for a small board. Someone did that with me, so just passing the torch. (I was going to q...
by raztec
Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:39 am

You'll probably progress a bit quicker at nitinat than Bahia Salinas (unless you were at arenal, in which case I have no idea) as their conditions are tough for newbies, BUT their conditions will make you a better kiter. I'm a bit bigger than you (~92kg) and my go-to at nitinat is a 10m, as 'moo sa...
by raztec
Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:11 am

Newbie looking for advice on gear, locations etc.

Hey guys, I just got back from Costa Rica where I got my ass kicked as a newbie but fell in love with the sport. I live 5' from Dallas Road, but won't be kiting there anytime soon for lack of experience and the fact that I prefer warmer water. The places I will be kiting over the next couple of year...