Search found 28 matches

by iamvwman
Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Naish SUP
Replies: 4
Views: 1047

Naish

I am a little surprised at the lack of customer support as well......
by iamvwman
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Naish SUP
Replies: 4
Views: 1047

Naish SUP

FYI - http://www.supheaven.com/Naish-SUP-quality.html

Do you really know what your board is made of ????

Very interesting...................
by iamvwman
Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:19 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Holiday Website Fundraiser - Win a GoPro Helmet Cam!
Replies: 40
Views: 11027

Thanks Dave..........

Congrats to the winners.................

Thanks for all the hard work Dave.

Cheers, Rob (iamvwman)
by iamvwman
Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:38 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Skinny Mast Recommendations?
Replies: 23
Views: 4939

RDM mast

I just picked up a 400 Severne skinny from windance. They are actually made by Powerex. A great deal @ $299 ($25 shipping). They have 370's available too. The Powerex are quite a bit stiffer than the EZZY, so I have been told.

Cheers, iamvwman
by iamvwman
Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:52 pm
Topic: First Short board
Replies: 12
Views: 2234

Thanks again for all the advice MF4. I will probably check out boards in the 110-115 range. I'm thinking a slalom/freeride mix.

I've been working my wife to get up to the Nat a few times this year. With or without the clan.

Me definately needs more TOW....................!!!

Cheers, Rob.
by iamvwman
Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:12 pm

Thanks Jimmy. And a fellow ferry worker, I've been told. I'm one of the big lugs in stores. The 2 boards I have are a start M (205L) and a new Starboard Hybrid Formula (230L). No, I have not yet figured out water starts. This is why I am asking the question on a short board. I have bought a few boar...
by iamvwman
Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:04 am

Thanks for all the tips dudes. I have bought a few boards and ended up selling them off because I really didn't know what to look for. I am leaning towards the slalom/freeride type boards such as the S-type or the Tabou Rocket. Both these boards seem to cover blasting as well as manouverability. The...
by iamvwman
Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:14 pm

Thanks for the reply. I bought the Carve 131 as a demo last year and didn't ever use it. I have a young family (hence the large sail range for light wind boards) and seem to only ever get to the lakes and occaisionally IV. After buying the 131, I went on the Starboard forum. I explained the wind ran...
by iamvwman
Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:35 pm

First Short board

I have been sailing for about 2 years now on larger light wind boards and now I'm looking to get into a short board. I just sold a carve 131, that I never got to use. From what I hear, I should be looking for a board with a little less volume than the 131 for Nitnat, up the island and around Victori...
by iamvwman
Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:12 am
Forum: Windsurfing Buy or Sell
Topic: Is this a scam?
Replies: 19
Views: 19224

Is This A Scam

They have other methods too. I haven't quite figured this one out yet but this happened to me in the last week: I am Martins Tracewell from United Kingdom and would be coming over to canada in some weeks.I am intrested in buying your new 2005 8.0m Severne NCX, i am willing to pay 500 CAN cash immedi...
by iamvwman
Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:59 am
Topic: Gath Helmets
Replies: 11
Views: 2958

Does anyone know if the full retractable visor can be locked in only partially down?
by iamvwman
Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:01 am
Topic: Gath Helmets
Replies: 11
Views: 2958

Gath Helmets

I am looking to buy a helmet and I have noticed that the Gath helmets seem to be popular with many of the locals. Can anyone give me an opinion on the visors that come on the helmets? I was thinking of getting one with a visor but I am not sure about a full retractable or half visor.

Cheers, Rob.
by iamvwman
Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:14 am
Topic: What should I offer for this windsurfing package?
Replies: 2
Views: 1268

Go 180

Kus was right. I finally read your post. The 180 Go-board was only available up to 2003. I just sold a 2003 GO200 for $850 but it was practically new. The 180 would be a little more versatile and I would expect to pay up to $800 for the board alone(if it is in near new condition.) A new Go board wil...