Search found 308 matches

by Teabag
Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Why kiters have a bad rep
Replies: 41
Views: 9929

Adrian, can't believe you said that.

Here is the steak you asked for, medium rare?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSuu8Dkj ... 3DAE14C878
by Teabag
Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:22 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: November 2 Far West video
Replies: 10
Views: 2067

That look like a jumping fest/paradise. (perfect ramps, cant believe you guys are spending more time riding them as oppose to jumping them, to each their own I guess)

Doesnt seem sketchy at all.

Where are the agro surfers ??? None seen in this video.
by Teabag
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:53 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kite speed event
Replies: 13
Views: 2996

Guys, the Iphone app wont work at all, it is a very inaccurate app. The GPS, although better than the app, is not inaccurate enough. I thought of something, and before giving you my results I contacted those guys in the link above (the world fastest speed record guys). It turned out that what I thou...
by Teabag
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:38 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Brew tours?
Replies: 11
Views: 4320

Count me in for the tour. Does anyone know where I could buy this beer -> From Whistler Brewing Company Winter Dunkle http://www.whistlerbeer.com/beers/winter-dunkel/ Did 3 liquor store so far and cant find it :( Will buy looooooottttttssss of them when found. If you see this beer in a store please ...
by Teabag
Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:57 pm
Topic: Please remember the lake belongs to everyone...
Replies: 21
Views: 5639

I know these two things are not wind related, but since a lot of you are parents and/or are older than 50 y old, can you pass to other parents/other 50 +: For the 50+ crowd -> In the bus (on my way to the park) an elder ladie (~55 y old) asked me if she could take my seat since all seat were taken. ...
by Teabag
Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:29 pm
Topic: Please remember the lake belongs to everyone...
Replies: 21
Views: 5639

Kevin, the 3-4 times I went to Nitinaht this year there was plenty of W/S. I know that I am going to be in sh## for this comment but oh well, to each their opinion: 2002-2007, when learning kiteboarding with Jordon (BigFoot on BWD) and Allen, we always thought that there was an actual windsurfer / k...
by Teabag
Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:51 pm
Topic: Dear Dude who kept moving my SUP off of the beach...
Replies: 32
Views: 8285

CJ, tks for the laugh!!! Raven, please stop your ranting against W/S!!! Got my propane tank stolen during windfest 2010 or 2009 (I supplied a "cheesy fake fire thing" because there was a fireban, notice the following morning that the tank got stolen) Did I came here and post: I can only as...
by Teabag
Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:24 pm
Topic: jumping near the boat ramp
Replies: 19
Views: 6153

Probably same type of person that doesn't have the "courtesy" to cut his tact short on its way to shore when seeing someone launching to let them get out of the beach... My last 2 times at Nitinaht I had kiter coming 1 or 2 meter with their kite beside mine just after launching, I was just...
by Teabag
Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:41 am
Topic: Home Base in the Columbia River Gorge?
Replies: 10
Views: 2732

Namoo I am extremely interested. If we are 2, but extremely compatible on how we see things for this investment home. But would be even more in if we are 4, extremely serious persons, good communications, considerate and same as above on how we see things for the future with this investment home. 4 ...
by Teabag
Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:05 pm
Topic: Small Presentation + question about the windfest in Nitinat
Replies: 5
Views: 1525

Every year, during the second weekend of August, there is a German Sparkle Party at Nitinaht Lake.

http://youtu.be/f-jN3vH26NQ

Dont forget your rubber boots and your dancy pants.
by Teabag
Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 pm
Topic: Upwind at Nitinat PSA
Replies: 34
Views: 8830

Tks Marty for the msg. PSA= Pasta Sang Alleluia . 5-10m upwind the Sauna (by the log there). Pastadude had too much to drink and started singing Alleluia in Sep 2012 (aparently it was quite the show). I wasnt there last year but I heard of the story, just didnt thought this spot was now called PSA. ...
by Teabag
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:33 pm
Topic: Upwind at Nitinat PSA
Replies: 34
Views: 8830

What is PSA???? None of the abbreviation list that came up on google would fit, and English is not my first language :(
by Teabag
Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:29 pm
Topic: Lost ocean rodeo 135
Replies: 15
Views: 3512

Did you write your name and phone # on the board this time? Cook street is safer for loosing board. Usually you ll get a bunch of kiters heading towards you if you do 4 - 5 tack without a board. "Hey are you al right" One is going to grab your board, the other one tow you to the beach (if ...
by Teabag
Tue May 28, 2013 12:42 am
Topic: Crossing Straits / downwinders
Replies: 44
Views: 12896

Good idea to bring this forward/towards future trips requirement. What made me post about the importance of having a safety boat, and more than likely what sparks Paul and Wade post was the following comment (see bold & underline part): gear essentials: pfd, vhf, gps, spot tracker (or similar gp...
by Teabag
Wed May 22, 2013 6:38 pm
Topic: Crossing Straits / downwinders
Replies: 44
Views: 12896

Would not having a safety boat be bad for possible future ban if rescue is needed(Coast Guard)? Not saying if there is one rescue in 4 years, but let say these huge downwinder start to happen more often, averaging one or two rescue a year, any danger of putting a ban on kb/ws? Especially if rescue h...