Search found 43 matches

by Jfish
Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:37 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: The Windsurfing Movie II - Victoria Premiere
Replies: 46
Views: 9714

I would be interested in attending. I could make Victoria or Parksville (preference would be Parksville on a weekend just in case Columbia is going)
by Jfish
Sun May 16, 2010 11:06 am
Topic: Oregon 2010 #1 or #2
Replies: 28
Views: 5680

WSF and I are hoping to leave as soon as I am done work on June 30th (WSF may not know this yet, but I will inform him of our plans when he returns from Norway :wink: ) Probably stay down there for a couple weeks and head back around July 14th or so. Hoping to do a second trip in the first couple we...
by Jfish
Sun May 16, 2010 10:59 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Caught naked on Cook webcam!
Replies: 60
Views: 20364

Fishes just added in. So great to see people in the community pull together for this!
Thanks Stephanie for bringing this to our attention.
by Jfish
Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:40 am
Forum: News
Topic: Bigwavedave stickers!
Replies: 60
Views: 41066

Hi Dave,
I'll take 2 large and 2 small. No text needed
Thx!
by Jfish
Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:03 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Wetsuit for OR Coast?
Replies: 4
Views: 1028

Thx Johnnyman - will pack the 5/4.
Now there's two things I can praise Dubya about - Gitmo sharks and eloquent use of the English language
by Jfish
Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:48 pm
Topic: Wetsuit for OR Coast?
Replies: 4
Views: 1028

Wetsuit for OR Coast?

Trying to remember if I need a 5-4 wetsuit or I can get away with my brand new 4-3 for the OR coast. I like the slight bit more shark protection the 5-4 offers, but falls behind in terms of pumped out arms so may not be as easy to waterstart and zip away quickly.
Can I get away with the 4-3?
by Jfish
Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:16 pm
Topic: Gorge Windfest
Replies: 10
Views: 2032

Windsurfish and I will be heading down Friday nite. Gorge or coast depending on forecast.
by Jfish
Fri May 01, 2009 4:46 pm
Topic: Just Starting Out
Replies: 8
Views: 2159

The 150 or 155 L go board is a good investment and not one that you will grow out of quickly. I learned to uphaul and waterstart on mine and still use it to go out in lighter wind. It is hands down the best investment we made in terms of learning to sail. (I recommend the foam top over the rough &qu...
by Jfish
Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:29 am
Topic: Nitinaht Youth Sailing
Replies: 1
Views: 631

Nitinaht Youth Sailing

A huge thank you to all those of you who have donated time, money gear, etc to get the Ditidaht kids on the water!! The kids rigs and 140L Go's are such a success. As soon as they heard we were there the kids were down 15 min later waiting to go out. They were so enthused and excited - it has really...
by Jfish
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:02 pm
Topic: Questions??
Replies: 6
Views: 2271

I agree with Barb on just about everything in terms of gear, especially the thinner diameter comment. I find a big difference in terms of boom grip, having smaller hands the thinner diameter is a big plus. In terms of rental gear - I don't know anywhere in the Nanaimo area that rents windsurfing gea...
by Jfish
Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:04 pm
Topic: Windfest 2007 - Feedback Thread
Replies: 16
Views: 4356

Thanks for starting this thread Kus. As a relatively new windsurfer (I've only really been sailing for 3-4 years), I would have liked to have seen more of a windsurfing presence. It is not that people weren't there - something just went a little haywire somewhere. I know there is a history with rega...
by Jfish
Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:04 pm
Topic: Food Stand at Windfest!
Replies: 9
Views: 2980

I posted this thread because last year two girls in the village ran a food stand and mentioned that there was quite a bit of food left over. They are going to do the stand again, but wanted some input from the community as to what you'd lilke to see there. So all your suggestions are great - Keep 'e...
by Jfish
Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:26 am
Topic: Food Stand at Windfest!
Replies: 9
Views: 2980

Food Stand at Windfest!

Hi All, There will be a food stand at Windfest this year, but we are looking for input from you as to what you'd like to see out there. Right now the thought is to have food available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus snacks in between (oh yeah and beverages - but not beer). What we're are wonde...