Search found 145 matches

by KayakDoc
Mon May 27, 2013 7:41 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Windsurfer/Kite Fin Technology
Replies: 6
Views: 1416

Kus, The response I was hoping for. Thanks. PS. To others, keep it coming.
by KayakDoc
Mon May 27, 2013 6:41 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Crossing Straits / downwinders
Replies: 44
Views: 12897

Nay Sayers

It might be time for some of the inexperienced nay sayers to begin asking questions about the nature of the downwinder, instead of passing judgment on an event they clearly have no understanding of. Presumptions about the safety of this trip and the nature of the wind clearly indicate a lack of unde...
by KayakDoc
Mon May 27, 2013 5:52 pm
Topic: Windsurfer/Kite Fin Technology
Views: 1416

Windsurfer/Kite Fin Technology

Who makes the “best” windsurfing race fins? Is there someone building unidirectional carbon custom fins and are they better than CNC G10 (or G11)? Are the bases potted? Has anyone molded the entire fin and pot in a single piece for super light, stiff and proper flex performance. I am about to begin ...
by KayakDoc
Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 am
Topic: Locations to fly a Trainer Kite?
Views: 1840

Maui Kitesurfing Instructors

Christian Barcellos is Brazilian and is a great instructor. Paul Franco is the best on Maui but very hard to book. Contact Christian directly through Naish (or call Des Walsh (at Naish) when you get there and ask him for Christian’s contact number). Best to contact Paul Franco through his Facebook p...
by KayakDoc
Wed May 22, 2013 9:20 pm
Topic: Deck Pad Template
Replies: 8
Views: 1431

Pad Placement

Hey Martin, I can’t help but give you an envious glance whenever we drive by to launch at Gordo’s. I know you would be okay with us stopping by...but I am shy. I find laying the deck pad a very creative moment. Like Kus suggests there really is nothing that cannot be corrected, but it is kind of fun...
by KayakDoc
Tue May 21, 2013 2:38 pm
Topic: Crossing Straits / downwinders
Replies: 44
Views: 12897

Gordo's to Cook

As far as beating Kenny home we really stayed fairly close to keep an eye on each other. I have posted and my trip log covers some of the next goals and gear. Cheers, Phil.
by KayakDoc
Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:19 pm
Topic: Strapless Videos...
Replies: 66
Views: 15955

Great Video Pasta. Strapless (air)eals really is the new wave. Makes you wonder what’s next!
by KayakDoc
Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 am
Topic: Olympic sailing class considerations
Replies: 77
Views: 18102

Come on! Someone say something. 3 Windsurfers vs 41 Kite Surfers!!! The ISAF Olympic debacle is ????? Anyone?
by KayakDoc
Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Racing Interest

Initial results from the first “2013” ISAF World Cup in Melbourne, Australia. This is the ISAF World Sailing Series for all Olympic class boats and “invitees”. These races are used to determine invitation to World Championships and Olympic qualifiers for each of the sailing classes. http://www.yacht...
by KayakDoc
Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:05 pm

African Kite Course Racing Championships

The following news release (from IKA) is going to make it very difficult for Windsurfing to get ISAF to reverse its decision on the inclusion of Kiteboarding in the Rio Olympics. This is excellent news for the growth of Kiteboarding throughout the world. "African Course Racing Championship secu...
by KayakDoc
Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:33 am

Race Fins

Looks like Alex Aguera has teamed up with Mean Line fins in Maui; http://www.meanlinefins.com/about There are now three Kite Race fin designers/manufactures on Maui. I have also heard rumors of a prepreg carbon super fin being produced in Hood River. If anyone hears anything about new Kite Race fins...
by KayakDoc
Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:22 pm
Topic: etiquette and consideration
Replies: 52
Views: 15837

Denmankiter, with Pasta starting to race there will be 49 other kiters on the water forcing him off his tack...6 times a day for up to a week at a time. A little bump and run every now and then might be good practice for those thinking about racing.
by KayakDoc
Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 pm
Topic: North American Speed Sailing Championships Invitational
Replies: 0
Views: 640

North American Speed Sailing Championships Invitational

Early results from the NASSI (North American Speed Sailing Championships Invitational). Not super fast, but still moving along at a good clip. The invitational component is very political. I believe it has to do with the African site being taken over by a kite company that has now restricted access,...
by KayakDoc
Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:45 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurfing Sidney
Replies: 9
Views: 2823

Hey JK, Yeaman and I launched just south of the US ferry terminal two summers ago for a downwinder to IV. We were kiting though, not windsurfing. The wind at shore made for really tricky launching...gusty, then nothing, then gusty. The wind was much better once off shore. The rip off of James Island...
by KayakDoc
Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Top ten finishers equipment data from the World’s.

Top ten finishers equipment data from the World’s. Name / Country / Board / Kite / Fins (if known) 1. Johnny Heineken - USA - Mikes Lab ML70 - Ozone Edge (2013) - Tectonic 2. Adam Koch - USA - Mikes Lab ML70 - Ozone Edge - Rista 3. Julien Kerneur - France - RRD K-Rapida Special - RRD Addiction MKIII...