Search found 138 matches

by GregK
Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:13 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Help keep kiting access at Goose Spit
Replies: 10
Views: 2711

Great points ... I hope this has been added to the wiki :idea: Excerpt from the Comox Spit BWD Wiki : Launch Area: Narrow beach on lagoon side beside parking area. If heading out south into the open water, DO NOT launch kites in the first parking lot beside the bluff OR on the park beach in front o...
by GregK
Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:08 am
Topic: Help keep kiting access at Goose Spit
Views: 2711

Help keep kiting access at Goose Spit

Most kiters come to Goose Spit to ride the flat water of the lagoon, but some see the wind-swell rolling in on the Baynes Sound south side and want some of that too. If the tide is middle or higher as it often is during the windy season, launching & landing on the south side of the Goose Spit pa...
by GregK
Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:12 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Upwind at Nitinat PSA
Replies: 34
Views: 8797

PSA = Pressure Sensitive Adhesive ??
by GregK
Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:06 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: My Cancer Update: Stem Cell Transplant
Replies: 5
Views: 2278

Steve - take strength in knowing that you have world-class doctors and nurses doing their utmost for you. Confidence in your medical team helps with a positive outlook. Some doctors and fields of medecine sit back and follow the norm, but the BMT group at VGH are exceptions. They have spent decades ...
by GregK
Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:29 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: iPhone photo lens found at Nitinaht
Replies: 0
Views: 845

iPhone photo lens found at Nitinaht

Found yesterday. Contact me if it's yours.

I betcha it's Brendan's.
by GregK
Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Ocean Rodeo/ RVYC KOOK ST Crew Event
Replies: 31
Views: 8839

$100 kite repair from Comox Kite Repair to add for the auction.
by GregK
Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:02 pm
Topic: Lawn mowing with a 13m cloud
Replies: 5
Views: 1804

Kevin - thanks for posting, very interesting - two questions - width / rocker of your plywood board and your weight ?
by GregK
Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:04 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: My new board
Replies: 13
Views: 3085

Wow, she is a beaut - mazagine-cover material, or starring in a Super-natural BC commercial.
by GregK
Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 pm
Topic: Upwind - Launch of a Sport. The history of Kitesurfing
Replies: 14
Views: 3424

Yeh, did the 4-line conversion on the Wipika 8.5 but it certainly wasn't magical, hardly made a difference. The first Naish 4-liners, the AR5 and ARX were much better at depowering, maybe 50%. It wasn't until SLE / bow kites came out in 2006 that I really felt in control of the kite instead of the o...
by GregK
Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:32 pm
Topic: Upwind - Launch of a Sport. The history of Kitesurfing
Replies: 14
Views: 3424

This is a must-see for any kiter interested in the early days. Reminds me of that excitement of anything's possible that was so strong when I started kiting in 2000. With a 8.5 Wipika Free Air and a very flat 9 sq. meter foil ( Windtools Mosquito ) which didn't come with any leash, saferty, or depow...
by GregK
Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 pm
Topic: Strapless Videos...
Replies: 66
Views: 15916

that's not a duck tack, more like a back tack, since the rider turns backwards, down-wind, or opposite the board's direction of rotation. When the rider rotates upwind in the same rotational direction that the board is turning, this requires "ducking" under the bar and hence the name. Have...
by GregK
Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:17 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: beginner lessons?
Views: 3383

Kevin Forsythe at Windsurfing Parksville ( 250-951-9873 ) was giving lessons on the beach in Parksville a few years back, don't know if he is still operating ...
by GregK
Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:48 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Black Project Fins
Replies: 2
Views: 861

Last summer I had BPF make me up a large pair of twin sailboard wave fins with an older-design mini-Tuttle base for an '90's wave board ( Logosz 8'7" Warbird ) - they are great fins !!
by GregK
Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:45 pm
Topic: Kite tuneing guide
Replies: 3
Views: 1199

Consult the owner's manual that came with your kite - Didn't get a manual - try the manufacturer's website ... may have it for downloading there ....
by GregK
Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:27 pm
Topic: Ocean Rodeo Prodigy - All New 3 Strut Freeride Kite
Replies: 25
Views: 6339

Gotta say I'm very interested in trying this kite, as a well-designed AND light kite would be a slick combination.

Maybe at Windfest - hoping there will be lots of them to demo there ?