Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: ATAN booties Review
Replies: 43
Views: 17720

T3. 1 pair 3 mil 1 pair winter 6mil, round toe
by eastside
Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:18 am
Topic: SUP advice / SUP to windSUP conversion possible?
Replies: 11
Views: 4296

All the windsurf companies put mast tracks on many of their boards. Make sure the model you want actually has one as I bought one that they said had one and it didn't have the bung. At 170 lb the 120 litre size is good as it is wider and more volume than most wave boards or free style waves, and has...
by eastside
Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:03 am
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 121204

For $50,000 we can get right to the end of the Jetty road in Florence 8)
by eastside
Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:36 pm
Topic: CB etiquette
Replies: 37
Views: 34093

Area 51, Nirvana, Valhalla, Bermuda Triangle, who knows where Udder really goes when he set sets out on his vision quests to the "outer reefs". There are many paths there for the worthy I suppose. I must confess I have tried to track him with binoculars, but he often just mysteriously appe...
by eastside
Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Jet stream
Replies: 2
Views: 1201

Obviously blowing slightly off shore so as to by-pass Long Beach but blow 30 at South Chestermans. 💔 Or maybe jet stream ran out of steam at Radar Hill?
by eastside
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:56 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Bi-Windsport Wave Camp 2015
Replies: 281
Views: 80723

I always stay at the Port Authority campsite which is right downtown. Great restaurants, Coffee shop under the bridge, all within a short walk. Don't get the tent sites. Get one in the main part. A couple of bucks more expensive but you are not in a gravel parking lot.
by eastside
Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:38 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Looking for Advice for a Beginner
Replies: 15
Views: 5247

Back in the day I bought the female threaded bolt that fit in my Tarifa (similar track as yours) from Windance at Hood River. The track broke soon after I bought the board, so don't bother fitting another one even if you find one. Windance has a bunch of bolts etc and might have one around. Thank go...
by eastside
Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:51 am
Topic: Lightwind FSW volume?
Replies: 28
Views: 10424

I had the 2008 Kode 105. Mark from Parksville bought it . He loves it. It is a great board. Planes up fast and turny. No problem to up haul. At Long Beach in a steeper wave, or say bigger than 3-4 feet it tended to pearl or get harder to bottom turn. So just get 'yer weight back fast and/ or get a s...
by eastside
Sun May 31, 2015 9:35 am
Topic: Tri-fin Conversion
Replies: 70
Views: 23309

I wouldn't get too negative on the concept. If DD was doing spinning freestyle moves, loops, for sure the lateral load could be huge, but normally you would do this with a freestyle fin. One failure is minimal. Maybe the screws were too tight? Maybe no big gouges? I had the Starboard quad with the s...
by eastside
Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:48 am
Topic: Fanatic Stubby Wave Board 215cm x 57cm???
Replies: 14
Views: 5050

DM is cutting the noses off the early 2000 no nose boards. Maybe he should save the probosci to add them back on to these in 10 years. :roll:
by eastside
Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:43 am
Topic: Fanatic Stubby Wave Board 215cm x 57cm???
Replies: 14
Views: 5050

Seems gimmicky to me, but who knows. Buy one for $3000 U.S. Surf board designers can help me out, but I think the wide tails on the stubbie sups are for more stability/float on the rear of the board and the straight rails give more paddle speed and stability. Short length means less swing weight so ...
by eastside
Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:15 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Looking for ride from Raleigh to OBX, May 2nd...
Replies: 5
Views: 2642

Dear Friendly Fire Your child has to realize that your self actualization is just as important as his or hers. He or she wouldn't want to miss a school trip to Disneyland just so he or she could come to your induction as President of the Comox Kite Club. So just explain this to your child and your s...
by eastside
Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Any pro should be able to add the thrusters for around $75 each. The operation is minimally invasive and highly unlikely to kill the patient. I used Aftanas in Tofino. But if you have the skills like DM then it is not that hard to do it yourself for way less cost. That board rocks with the thrusters...
by eastside
Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:54 pm

I'd say the JP would be a good candidate. Depends on how old it is to some degree. If it is a newer shape it will be great. I had the 2012 JP FSW Pro with the thrusters and bought the 2014 model. The thrusters slow the board down a bit, but generally don't affect how it sails. To make it turnier on ...
by eastside
Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:42 pm
Topic: 1111 - or why did I log my sailing sessions?
Replies: 18
Views: 9163

Well said Kus. Sometimes it's a pain to post, but it forces me to recap the day and think of the agony, the ecstasy , the social scene 8), the equipment, the weather, the improvement , the back sliding, and most of all the friendships. We are all lucky to have these experiences, so why not share the...