BWD Site Fundraiser: KA Sails Auction

What's new on the website
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Pick the ticket with the TheLaw on it!!!

If you kite and win the sail then sell it to buy kite stuff....how can't you lose!
Last edited by TheLaw on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Give'R
windwoman

Post by windwoman »

Dave if you are in town I will drop off a check in the usual spot. Thanks for the great opportunity Kus ....
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

The idea would be to send Dave the $$, mail or PayPal, $20 you get a ticket, $35 for 2, $50 for 3, $100 for 7. Mark it "KA BWD fundraiser". Makes the donating more exciting, doesn't it? 8)

MortonToeMike - $50 - 3
MF4 $100 - 7
Penguin - $20 - 1
BigD - $55 - 3
TheLaw $50 - 3
Windwoman $50 - 3
4J - $20 - 1
Grandma Jo - $20 - 1
Winddoc - $100- 7
RainX - $50 - 3

Total $515 Odds 1:32
Last edited by KUS on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

That 6.6 would be a nice edition to my quiver, and it would continue my attempt to have each sail from a different brand. I added another $20 so I can be in the running...
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

TheLaw $50 - 3
Give'R
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Raffle vs. Advertisement

Post by KUS »

Just a clarifier so nobody feels anything is underhanded here: I refer to my original post :!: :!: :!: - the sail, whichever is picked, is in lieu of part payment for advertisement on this site. Dave was to post a logo for me.

Now he wants it to be clear: the ad costs $360, I paid $50 (originally a donation) and the sail as payment, the money goes to the site. Technically, there is a sail raffle and anything beyond $310 is donation by Windsurfdeal/KA toward the BWD site.

Now, I didn't and still don't see the difference but he is adamant I make this clear (not sure if I have succeeded) so there it is. I'm not one for politics so PM me if you feel you have been wronged or misled, my goal was to give a sail of his choice to Dave for an ad and raise additional money for the site and now it's turned into this mess somehow :roll: Sorry, my brain doesn't work that way :?
Wish less, sail more!!

more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Sounds like its already raised $200+ in the clear then. Dave has a highly tuned radar for ethics (I've run afoul myself) and if he sees a potential issue he's probably right and it is a grey area. Good on him for keeping the site squeaky-clean! In this case, I see you did say something about it in the original post, I'd forgotten that detail. Don't feel bad about it , Kus, its probably better to make it crystal clear anyhow.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

The money is going to the site to keep it going. All of it :!: I'm not getting any of it, neither is KA. The sail was donated by KA/Windsurfdeal.com and some form of advertising was expected in return, like it was at Windfest. I thought a logo was a great way to achieve this, the raffle was a user's idea.
Last edited by KUS on Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wish less, sail more!!

BigD

Raffle

Post by BigD »

Just wanted to say I think the raffle is a great idea and on paper it looks like a huge success.

If I remember correctly Kus initiated the very successful money drive last Xmas as well, for a guy who hates politics you sure have a knack for raising money! Maybe you should consider running for something? I'd prolly vote for ya.

Thanks Kus and Dave
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

I can see where Dave doesn't want do personal favours for certain people because many people donate to the site just to support it so thanks for that Dave. But it looks as though KUS was just trying to "kill two birds with one stone" here so there's nothing wrong with that either and I admire his ingenuity. It's a bit unorthodox. However, I was planning on donating $50 to the site anyway because, next to my hockey pool ( :evil: :evil: :evil: - damn Hossa!), this is the best diversion I have (sad I know) and it's a great way to stay in touch with the wind seeking community. This way I get entered into a draw for a new sail for my $50.

Anyway. Thanks KUS for the initiative and thanks Dave for putting up with all of us. It'll work out.
I wish my TOW was longer!
KC7777

KA sail draw

Post by KC7777 »

Kus/Dave,

Always best to explain things fully...cause some people can get weird after the fact.

It all makes sense...this is how things get don in the real world; but thanks for explaining it again Kus.

I don't need any new sails but this gave me an excuse to finally donate to the site. Just bought a couple of tickets via PayPal.

Thanks,

Keith
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

The idea would be to send Dave the $$, mail or PayPal, $20 you get a ticket, $35 for 2, $50 for 3, $100 for 7. Mark it "KA BWD fundraiser". Makes the donating more exciting, doesn't it? 8)

MortonToeMike - $50 - 3
MF4 $100 - 7
Penguin - $20 - 1
BigD - $55 - 3
TheLaw $50 - 3
Windwoman $50 - 3
4J - $20 - 1
Grandma Jo - $20 - 1
Winddoc - $100- 7
RainX - $50 - 3
KC7777 - $40 - 2
Wingnut - $20 - 1
Keen - $40 - 2
Johnnyman - $50 - 3
MMMike - $52 -3
G-Daddy $50 - 3

Total $765 Odds 1:46
Last edited by KUS on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wish less, sail more!!

KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Final Word

Post by KUS »

Please note, all concerned: Because of some of the previous confusion, FYI no advertisement is gained through the raffle and the sail is, as intended, a clear 100% donation to the BWD site, no strings attached.

This raffle will end this Saturday, October 27th at noon, so if you wish to still donate and have a chance at winning a great KA sail, please do so. The draw will occur this weekend, any preferences when/where please PM me. thx 8)
Last edited by KUS on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wish less, sail more!!

Johnnyman

Post by Johnnyman »

Good on ya Kus! Thanks for your work, ideas and enthusiasm in helping motivate people...like me to donate :D
monkeymanmike

Post by monkeymanmike »

I agree with what Johnny said!