Board goes AWOL from Jordan.

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Tommy160

Board goes AWOL from Jordan.

Post by Tommy160 »

Help! Lost blue 90l Starboard Carve Woody at Jordan
I was sailing at Jordan on Tues March 11 when mast and sail seperated from board. Within seconds I realized that I was not going to be able to catch board. Swam for about a minute or two after it but it was already about 100 m away and moving out to sea fast. gave up found sail and mast and spent the next two hours fighting to bring it to shore.(and the next 3 hours searching the shore for board lol) Current and wind blew me,struggling for shore all the way to sand cut creek (almost to point no point) Very hairy!! Anyway I am looking for a Bright Blue Starboard carve woody 90l it has red tech tape on the nose and a trident fin I know that chances are slim but what the heck figure it is worth a shot. Please spread the word. If found there is a 150.00 reward phone tom @250 743-1042. Have serial # to id. Cheers all.
SMACK

Post by SMACK »

I have a collegue in Taiwan....I will tell him to keep a look out for it. :D
Chase the day, not the dollar.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

well that sucks! you might consider letting the coast guard know you are safe, someone might want to start up a search if they find a unoccupied board.
JL

Post by JL »

Good idea ... I should have picked up on that ... Try 363-3333 8)
Thermals are good.
tom

Post by tom »

I called the CCG to let them know this am..
tom

Post by tom »

ps the board was found
tom

Post by tom »

pps- not by the guard, but folks near by
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

GREAT :P Woohoo :!:

PPPPPS: you can always edit your post by hitting "Edit" and add/change yer comments :wink:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Tommy160

Lost Board has been recovered

Post by Tommy160 »

Thanks for all the input people, yes indeed there was good news with the board it washed up with almost no damage this afternoon at point no point and was found by some kids.( they have already got reward money spent apparently) Many thanks to ?Tom? from Canada Coast Guard for his help in spreading the word very much appreciated, and the RCMP for their concern as well. Call came in 9:30 pm tonight as I was looking on the internet for a new board. Cheers all.
JL

Post by JL »

Good news ... Good board karma ... & you Toms look out for each other ... 8)
Thermals are good.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Wow, fantastic, I was wondering if all the oceonography currents and weather professional geeks here could help out with a drift model, but simple phone calls & this site did the trick! That is really cool, its a remote enough area the chances would seem to be slim...
tom

Post by tom »

TOmmy GLad you got the board back, I figured it would wash up on their beach or close to it. The kids parents used to be full on windsurfers and tugwell regulars back when the grass was high.

A hog tie survival in the waves, lost board with epic swim ( ditch the rig man!), cobblestone barnacle ass and face drag, holed kite and suit (me) and the other kiter who didnt post and eventually went to hospital.. who got way luckier than all of us. He said he would let me know what teh xrays showed...havent heard. Great place to sail- just a matter of time before...

Toeside
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

yup, my epic backstroke blackness washing machine adventure too, the place of carnage :lol: :shock:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....