Johnny Read

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

voodmon
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by voodmon »

Thanks mate...i was hoping someone from the city would chip in. tim
Last edited by voodmon on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surfing outside of Platos cave, searching for Blue Skies.
Kite Kook

Johny Read

Post by Kite Kook »

John, you are larger than life, and as have always had quite the habit of 'slipping the surly bonds of earth'. While we left behind are saddened, I trust you are flying high.

I thought John's comment made at the time of Graham's passing was appropriate to repost at this time:

"Here we sit,in wonder,and in awe,life can be sweet,life can be sad.All in all not so bad.Comradery, much valued,companionship,much treasured.As life slips by,we try."

We will miss you greatly John.

Paul and Sandra
Vive et Ama
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I'm shocked! Johnny was my hero for living life to its fullest, even as we aged.
A wonderful piece of writing that sums it up for me.

REMEMBER

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd;
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember; do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
CHRISTINA ROSSETTI.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
littlekitegirl

Post by littlekitegirl »

Johnny - your endless energy for life will be forever missed in this community. You were one of the first to make me, and many others, feel truly welcome at Cook...

We'll miss you,

Lindsey
Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Bill Watterson
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

i am totally in shock .. this is such a huge loss .. john was the nicest guy you'ld ever wanna meet .. always helpfull and always was stoked .. i will keep many great memories of john and the times we shared .. truly a unique and energetic friend .. i'm happy to know john spent his last days riding his heart out in a place he loved so much ... our thoughts and prayers are with john and his family ... Ride.In.Peace. buddy, you will not be forgotten.

rob, roz, and jake
Ross

Post by Ross »

John- I`m going to miss you. You were a great friend.
Cj

Post by Cj »

I'm Shocked, this is very sad to hear. As a rookie kiter over the last few years John always brought comfort to the beach. I'll miss that. ChrisJ
somebody said " go fly a kite".
AC

Rest in Peace Capitain Read

Post by AC »

John has always been a good heart and never at one time where
i can not remember a time where he never helped any one who needed it.
He had a Great personality and full of energy which we are all going to
miss. John has always been stoked for everyone on and off the water
and Yes Cook Street will Never be the same without him....
bricktop

Post by bricktop »

Wow, we are shocked and deeply saddened by the news of your passing. Your enthusiasm, love of the water and energy was, and will always be inspriring. Thank you for years of wisedom, kindness and laughter.

May you be soaring with the wind on the sea's John, we will miss you but never forget you.

Tammie, Gerry and Katie
fruitbat

Johnny

Post by fruitbat »

So many posts........Johnny probably has a good grin on his face right now to see so many people were touched by him. He will definitely be dearly missed. Thoughts go out to his family. Good bye John, thank you for all your support and the love of life and sport you brought to us.
love Nicole
rs

Johnny Read

Post by rs »

I'm walking around in a daze, I'm shocked and saddened by the loss of my good friend. We pretty much started kiting together in the early days we were the old boys on the beach. He taught me alot kiting and life itself. I'll miss our beer and burger sessions at the Beagle. "Launch one for me Johno"

Rob S.
windwavegal

Johnny

Post by windwavegal »

I will miss you greatly John. You were an inspiration to many. A great human being, a great friend..... I know you are out there riding the biggest and best waves.
mshepard

Post by mshepard »

I'll always remember the great times I had with Johnny. Camping in the early days at Nitinat, (met my wife there when camping with Johnny!), Sailing our hobbycat together in Caddy bay, the many trips to the Gorge. . . . He was always trying to get me kiting, our big joke was my nickname "kiteking" Behind that gruff exterior he had a huge heart. He always loved our kids. I am shedding a tear now, will miss him.
UnusuallyLargeRobin
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

This is very sad news. John was always a good friend. He will be missed and he was loved by many. I've just returned from Cook St. where I said a quiet goodbye to a great guy.

Robin & Judy Mitchell
Last edited by UnusuallyLargeRobin on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me: 85kg(187lbs)
FoilBoards: Fanatic 5'0 SkyWing(75lt);
Wings:Duotone v2 Unit 4.0, 5.5m; v3 Unit 3.0
Foils:Axis HPS1050(1460cm2),PNG1150(1713cm2),HA1000(1310cm2); Rears 370,425p,Skinny365/55; Fuses: ultra, adv.crazy black; Mast:90cm 19mm Alu
MartyD
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by MartyD »

I only ever talked to him a couple times down at cook st., but seeing him fly around prompted me to buy my first kite. A great thanks for advice and inspiration!