Esquimalt to Dallas downwinder

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

jamie

downwinder

Post by jamie »

This downwinder idea sounds pretty rad, someone please let me know if its gonna happen. I did a downwinder once from sprecks beach to pier 1 and it was a blast!
shockkite

Gareth

Post by shockkite »

Yes, it is going to happen. hopefully we will have some details in the next week or so.
Fly hard, jump high!
Cam
Website Donor
Website Donor

Crossing the Harbour / Downwinder

Post by Cam »

I don't think you'll have a problem passing the Victoria Harbour front. People are aloud to sail up to. Thanks to our valent sailing forefathers people are actually aloud to sail right up to Shoal point marker. Crossing in front of the outer harbour shouldn't be a problem.

If you decide to go and I'm around I'd be in. I have crossed Georgia St twice & Windsurfed from Duncan to Nanimo thru Dodd Narrows. Distance is fun but can be dangerous.

There is a downwinder happening next weekend in Harrison Lake. "The Bear Crk Blowout" I can forward a Notice of Race to anyone interested. I'll see you there.

On Saturday July 17th the Harrison Windsurfing Society is presenting the return of the Bear Creek Blowout. This will be a twelve-mile downwind open class race, unlimited sail and board size. The race begins at the main beach in the Harrison Village, in front of the Spa Motel, and ends at Bear Creek Recreation and Windsurfing Park. There will be a BBQ following the race on Saturday.
Kook St. Kite Kook

Downwinder from Esq. to Vic

Post by Kook St. Kite Kook »

The Downwinder from Esquimalt to Vic was today, for those interested....

At least for Rosco and Seabiscuit! Those dudes took advantage of the perfect direction winds to kite TO Esquimalt first, and then enjoy the downwinder all the way back! Pretty cool, eh? No worries about cars etc.!

Imagine my surprise when I saw a few familiar bags/pumps, but only 1 person in the bay when I showed up to kite today. Turns out Asscrack was doing speed runs on the flat water of Ross Bay, and those other crazies took off for Esq.

So, now we know it can be done both ways!