Caught naked on Cook webcam!

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

KayakDoc

Post by KayakDoc »

Phil Montgomery donated $100.00.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Hey, another $25 from me to kick off the fundraising efforts of yet another BWD team member :!: :twisted: at $210 now, keep it going people, woohooo, gooooo Paul et Team, go :!:

Let's see if we can achieve a Vive et Ama team effort of $20k for CF before Friday 8)
KC7777

Donation

Post by KC7777 »

Hi,

I don't know Paul but the cause is great. Kus you are a machine!

Just put in 'fiddy bucks' from the 'Wack .....from Keith Lownie (KC7777).

Here's a tax fact that shows why the world is pretty messed up......

I teach Tax at the University of the Fraser Valley. The $50 I just donated to the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation reduces my 2010 tax bill by $10 (a 15% federal tax credit and approx. 10% provincial tax credit).....so my net cost of the $50 donation to CF is $40.

If I had donated $50 to any political party (federal or provincial) my tax bill would go down by $38! (as you get a 75% tax credit on political contributions)....so the net cost of a $50 political contribution is only $12.

Just shows the self-interest of politicians.....why give a higher credit on political contributions vs charitable donations which are a much better cause? You guys in Victoria should smack the next politician you see! Or if a political party ever phones you for a donation....just ask them to explain that!
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hi Paul....sorry it took me so darn long...I am in for $35.00. Hopefully that goal of yours is attained!! Cheers from Dale Moffatt
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy

Post by SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy »

I'll toss in three of my 21st Century Hippie books into the prize pile. Winners can pick em up from me here at Nitinaht. I'm also in for a small donation. Nice initiative all.
Kevin

If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy. Be content with what you have take joy in the way things are. When you realize you have all you need, the World belongs to you.
ToesideT

HOLY COW 21000!

Post by ToesideT »

The Vive et Ama team is up to 21000 raised unreal!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Auction

Post by Bobson »

The auction for the sail for 'The Cause' is up to $170. The auction will end Satuday, May 29th at Noon so get your bids in before then cause this 'basically brand new' sail is going for a steal and ALL THE PROCEEDS ARE GOING TO 'THE CAUSE' so it would be a shame not to get everything WE can for it. :idea: Just like you donating the money yourself!! :shock:

http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4477

CHECK IT OUT!![/b]
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Just stopped by Paul's house to drop off some donations and heard the outstanding news that the Vive et Ama team is now in 3rd place for most money raised across Canada!! And we are just a few dollars short of holding 2nd place.

Also just received the message below from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - this is what your donation $$ is supporting (besides entry into a draw for great prizes).

Meet Ella she is a "super strider"

Hi, my name is Ella and I am 2 ½ years old.

Like most little girls, I love to laugh and play with my big sister, Ava, in the park; but I am not the same as other girls my age – I have cystic fibrosis (CF).

My mom says I have to be a fighter to battle my cystic fibrosis. Every day, I have to take a lot of yucky medicine, sit still for my therapy, and visit the doctors a lot so I can stay healthy.

Since I was born:

* I have spent 70 days in the hospital
* I have made 8 trips to the emergency room
* I have had 4 operations
* I have had 11 abdominal ultra sounds
* I have had 18 chest x-rays
* I have made 14 clinic visits
* I have swallowed 23,360 pills
* I have had to sit for 1299 hours of chest therapy/inhalations
* I have taken 6482 ml of liquid medicine/vitamins

This will continue for the rest of my life unless a cure is found.

Please donate today, so I can have the chance to follow my dreams like other little girls.

Hugs,

Ella
2010 Super Strider
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Thanks guys! This is coming down to the cruch, just Friday and Saturday left to get people to join and come on out. Did you see Kus's offer? He'll sponsor any new team members. Well, I'll match his donation, so that's two right off the bat just for joining us!

IMPORTANT NOTE:
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR EMPLOYERS to see if they have a matching donation program - many people don't realize they have this! This will double your donation just by emailing the tax receipt you will have received!

Thanks!!! :D
Vive et Ama
ToesideT

Post by ToesideT »

Thanks Paul.. good one!
Joe

Post by Joe »

Speedy and I are on your team Paul! Money has been sent! Way to go. 8)
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Thanks guys! :D

Just wanted to point out that Steph is out of town, so names will not be added to the list until Monday.

BUT, there is still time to get yourself in the draw! Don't be shy!

Cheers,

Paul
Vive et Ama
T

Post by T »

I just donated $50! All the best to you Paul! Bonus is my employer will match my donation. :D

- Tanya
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

when is deadline hour? my employer may match my donation but I will find out next week, too late for the event tomorrow :? but:

I don't recognize any "zero" balance team members but if I see a BWD one, you will have my $$ :twisted: just make sure u show up with a V-hat tomorrow 8)
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Kus - I am sure the *online* donation ability for the team will be open for the week, maybe longer. I will check tomorrow.

See you at the walk!
PS - we just surpassed $25,000!!!!!!!! :D
Vive et Ama