Caught naked on Cook webcam!

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Ed

CF Fundraiser

Post by Ed »

Sent $100 your way this morning,way to go Paul!
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

:D :D Thank You, all of you!!! :D :D

Today, we walked with our team, with BWD'er represented by me and Kus, Andrei, Pat, Ian, Thomas in Victoria, while Chris and Steph and GMac and Kendra and Vadardog Chris walked at Long Beach!

Thus far, with the cash and cheques added (thanks again to Elements of Health Centre!) we are over $26,000!!!! (the online donation function will remain working until June 14 (so talk to your employers, please!).

The draw, I believe, will be tomorrow night. Good luck to all who entered, and thanks again for making this a raging success!!!
Paul

PS
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark. - michaelangelo
Vive et Ama
idontplayballsports

Want want want

Post by idontplayballsports »

Time to stop faking your 'disease.'
It's sometimes pretty convincing, which is why I've donated 3 times, but I'd rather spend my money on something important, like eye cream that may make me look 5 years younger.
So maybe for next year...
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

????!!!???
Don't forget to bring a towel!
scarlet

Post by scarlet »

John MacMIllan
$55
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Thanks everyone for your donations and support! A small crew of us had a great satelite walk along Chesterman's in Tofino this morning and we were with the Victoria walkers in spirit (though we might have been a bit wetter!)

We plan to do the draw Monday night around 9pm and will be sure to post the winners! If you have donated, please double check that I haven't missed you and that your name is included in the first post of this thread.

Last minute donations are still most welcome :0)
samj
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by samj »

sam jackson in for $200
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

KUS wrote:my employer may match my donation but I will find out next week, too late for the event tomorrow :? but: ..8)
sorry, no such luck, oh well, I see others are still trickling in which is great.

For Ballsports: I hear this is a joke, let it be known not everyone got it :roll:

Nice work on this raising funds and awareness project, Paul, very successful! Hope to see you at the beach :P
Last edited by KUS on Mon May 31, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

support

Post by Bobson »

please put me down for $200. I'm having issue's with my credit card currently and its not being accepted but as soon as it's fixed I will donate the $200.

thanks,
BOBSON! :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

I am thrilled to say that the wind community pulled together and raised $4642 in support of cystic fibrosis and our fellow kite buddy, Paul. Although we did not raise quite enough money to have the pleasure of viewing Kitekook naked on the Cook St webcam, the Vive et Ama team did raise $26,721. And the team came in third place for the highest fundraisors across Canada!

And the winners of the draw for BWD donators are.....drumroll please.....

1. ONE FULL DAY KITE LESSON at Nitinat Lake from Strong Kiteboarding -John Ballantyne (Johnnyman)
2. Brand new HD Go Pro helmet camera from BWD - Andrei (RussianDude)
3. One windsurfing sail repair (any size repair - provided it can be repaired) from Paul Betts at Leitch Mcbride Custom Sailmakers - Jason Lewis (4J)
4. One kite repair (same details as above) - Geoffrey Wood (Geoffy)
5. One pair of sunglasses from Xtreme Wear Glasses - Tanya (T)
6. One pair of sunglasses from Xtreme Wear Glasses - Adam Steele
7. 60 min massage from Chris Curran RMT (Winddoc is a registered sports massage therapist) - Phil Montgomery (kayakdoc)

Note: please email me for details about collecting your prize

Thank you again to all of you who have generously donated, your support is truly appreciated! And a special big thanks once again to all of the lovely folks who donated prizes to help raise funds!

Cheers,
Steph
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

That is so cool that I won something! I don't need a sail repair at the moment...can I donate my repair credit to someone who really needs it? Someone like:

If I can transfer it, I will give first priority to anyone on the donation list.
Johnnyman

Post by Johnnyman »

Cool kite lessons I'm on my way to the dark side! Maybe I can become a kite kook too...not just a windsurf kook! Thanks for donating the prize Duane I'm looking forward to it. Impressive job on the fundraising Kook and of course kudos to all those who helped him by donating prizes, fundraising and donating to this worthy cause.
T

Post by T »

Wow...sunglasses! YAY!!! :D What a nice bonus on top of being able to support such a great cause! I'm new to the site but it's totally amazing to me how the BWD website is such a draw for so many generous and supportive people! What a great group!

As a side note I just got word this morning that my employer will be matching my donation...yay!!!! :D Down side is that they do things just a tad old school and so won't be cutting a cheque until the end of the month :? Just thought I'd let Paul know that another donation will be on its way.....really it will..........eventually.......
:wink:
Kite Kook

THANKS!!!!

Post by Kite Kook »

:D Hi Everyone! :D

First and foremost, I want to thank both Steph and Dave for making this happen. BWD members were responsible for about half of my personal total, which ended being $8505!!! :shock: :D :shock:

You may recall back when my personal goal was $2000, back before BWD put a Gopro Helmet Cam in the draw, and Steph went nuts on getting more prizes, and all of you went nuts on going overboard! Ocean Rodeo, too, came through big time with the Mako contest, so kudos to them. Strong Kiteboarding, Paul Betts, Chris Curran and Xtreme Wear and, well, the list goes on and on, for every donation to the raffle combined to make this a raging success!

On that first day, I told Dave I was blown away by the generosity (and the size of the donations), and he said he hoped it would only increase! He was right, and every single one of you, from the smallest donation to the biggest, play a part in making us succeed so well! You can only imagine if i was blown away on that first day, how I feel right now! :D

I also wanted to thank you all for the words of encouragement and lovely compliments. Clearly you don't know my darkside :wink: To those who came out and walked - thanks again!

I got a message on my personal page from a CF guy named Mathew who said he wants to learn to kitesurf, so it's great to be giving hope to folks like him. Together, your work and will allow us oneday to say CF stands for CURE FOUND.

Thanks to all who gave prizes, money, positive vibes etc. You are all a part of this.

Cheers,

Paul
Vive et Ama
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Almost forgot two more worthy wind men worthy of much praise: Toeside T for getting the OR Mako raffle going, and Bobson who donated the proceeds of his sail sale :wink: - another $200 towards the team today. Thanks gentlemen!

Also, some have asked about where to send cheques. Please have your employer make them payable to the foundation and send to:

Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
2221 Yonge Street, Suite 601
Toronto, ON M4S 2B4
ATTN: TRACEY (For Great Strides Team Vive et Ama, Paul Underhill team captain).

Final reminder - the online functionality remains open until June 14 for any lottery winners! :D

Cheers,
Paul
Vive et Ama