Movie night -- Dec 4 -- BCCF fundraiser in support of RD

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

skywalker

kites

Post by skywalker »

John from OR lent me a trainer and a 2012 kite.

That is a good start!
these are not the pumps you are looking for....
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Wicked showing yesterday, ~70-80 people :?: I think, good balance of kiters and Wsurfers. Great to see everyone. I think a lot of people finally put together the "oh, THAT'S your handle" with the name tags going with the faces :D

The pictures on the placard and slide show presentation as well as the flip chart RD best wishes were great :!:
-Thanks Graham (Nowind), Luke and gang for the awesome effort.
-Thanks to Ocean Rodeo for having two demo kites on site.
-Thank you BA for being the donation $$ lady & w/ BWD bringing down shirts and RD stickers :D
-A special recognition to Morewind who musta spent hours putting the clips together, Woohoo Mike :twisted:

Fun stuff, great action on the screen, good food and cold beer, too bad there were no RVYC members present (well, except for the questionable dinner party silverhead trying to rip the cables out of the projector apparently :lol: ), guess the race (wind) cancellation had a lot to do with that. "Thank you" to the RVYC for hosting :P

At last count I think close to $700 was raised from individual contributions at this event toward RD's goal :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

KUS wrote: Fun stuff, great action on the screen, good food and cold beer, too bad there were no RVYC members present (well, except for the questionable dinner party silverhead trying to rip the cables out of the projector apparently :lol: ), :
Hey KUS,

there were abut 10 club members there including several club members I know that kitebaord, windsr. The commodore of the club was also there.

But it is generally a quiet place on a sunday without wind.

And sorry about the old lady...she's um..y'know.

Luke
these are not the pumps you are looking for....
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

skywalker wrote:there were abut 10 club members there including several club members I know that kitebaord, windsr. The commodore of the club was also there
ah, yes, the commodore stuck his head in, the rest never saw them, most looked familiar from the beach but perhaps they are members.....I guess I was looking for new faces :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....