Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Still plan on leaving Friday. Magic seaweed is even calling for some wind saturday-ish. Some swell likely coming from the northerlies.

At this point I'd be satisfied with some sup days and a few sailing days.
Give'R
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Saturday and Sunday (all you can see right now) are looking good on the BWD model and iWindsurf...

I sure hope it keeps going that way, otherwise I am just going to head to Tofino all next week and SUP.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

I'm putting all my faith in the magic seaweed prediction...it looks the best starting this weekend. Wind and swell through to Wednesday.

http://magicseaweed.com/Gold-Beach-Surf-Report/321/
Give'R
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

the dave2 bus still leaves tuesday afternoon, we might delay in the gorge along the way, or just go surfing along the coast, its pretty flexible. we will see you guys on the weekend for sure. 8)
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Likewise, but probablty Wednesday not Tuesday. Keep in touch re: Gorge vs. surfing the coast.
Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Pressure model looks really good for Sunday and the days following. I just got granted next week off so I'm totally stoked!!! Can't wait to get down there!! PS, does anyone live in View Royal that is willing to bring my surf board down the coast? I left it at a buddy's house but he'd be willing to drop it off wherever....
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

How long is it?
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

Hoping to leave Friday afternoon. See you all on the weekend!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Not wanting to jinx it but the whole coast looks to light up from Sunday to as far as the model goes so far. Might be a chance to hit some of the lesser sailed (but word has it superior) spots like Oceanside and Florence.
morewind

Post by morewind »

NOAA is starting to come to the table for Gold Beach:

Sun...N wind 10 to 15 kt...rising to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less...becoming 4 to 5 ft. NW swell 5 ft...subsiding to 3 ft.

WooHoo !
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

With a little bit of luck, I be seeing some of the BWD crew in PR next week! \:D/ :D 8) :D

Somehow this has a better feel to it! :D :wink:
JasonD

Post by JasonD »

Hey guys! Sounds like there will be a few peeps from Vic on the OR coast over the long weekend?! I usually head straight for Cape Kiwanda as I usually am solo but I'd like to try some other areas with others. I kite, SUP n longboard. I prefer wave riding but not monsters like PR/CS (I'll leave that to you semi-pros!) I have no issues when at JR, Manzanita n Chesterman's. Are places like the Florence jettys n Gold Beach much more demanding or unsafe as compared to those beaches?? Do you guys stay at RV campsites or do what I do n park wherever the best views are?! I'm going on the 7:30pm Fri ferry so I'll look out for the BWD hoosies n stickers! I'll have mine on.... Thanks
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

The SUP finals in front of the Beachcomber in Gold Beach. http://www.standuppaddleboarding.tv/sta ... n2012.html.

A beach break yes, but a nice glassy beach break!
Give'R
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Wow... I really should have gone. I hope we get conditions like that a couple times.

FYI - Ted will hook anyone with a board up with $49 rooms at the Inn at the Beachcomber, in case anyone wants a proper sleep while in Gold Beach.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

A quote from Ted from his thread on the standupzone...."If you guys are camping you can camp down below on the grass."

From this thread http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index. ... icseen#new. Interesting comments from Keith Teboul about the windsurfing in front of the Beachcomber too.
Give'R