People reserving spots at Nitinat

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
KC7777

People reserving spots at Nitinat

Post by KC7777 »

Was just at the lake for 3 days. I noticed many people are leaving tents and trailers in prime spots while they head home to work. Frustrating when you come from Chilliwack and then cram into a spot for 3 days while the site beside you ( on the water with a fire ring) sits unused with someone's tent on it.

It is akin to budding in line or bullying. Not cool.

Even worse if you show up with a big rig and all spots are sitting there used up by vacant rvs and no one there.

I would love to hear some of you pricks justify this behaviour.

That being said, the lake was awesome. Just had to get that off my chest.

Keith
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

did you take a pic? we could out this lowlife!
KC7777

Reserving

Post by KC7777 »

I did not take a pic. Iphone was dead.

More than one doing this.

Pics a good idea? Let's out them.

PS. I dont care about the way back sites. Just the key ones on the beach or by the day access (both sides of roads). Or if you are just heading into town for a day or two during a 3 week stay.

I am seeing people who leave Sunday and return the following weekend.
Last edited by KC7777 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lud

people reserving spots

Post by lud »

hmmmm set up tent ad chairs in prime spot, dont pay because no vehicle is there,come at your leishure and ..... sounds like a good gig???Is any one keeping records of sites and occupants?? :roll:
playmore
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
KC7777

Reserving

Post by KC7777 »

Hey Markus,

Some people ranting about poor service etc. in that Nitinat dogpoop/water/bear thread are the ones leaving their gear and tents/trailers in key spots....and I doubt they are paying while not there.

And I think I have left a bike/table occupied for a day or two when I went to grab my kids from Hornby once!

It just seems more prevalent this year.....ie spots 11 and 12 had a 5th wheel and big tent trailer set up from Sun - Wed.....and no one there. My buddy came in from Chilliwack in his RV and is camping on the main road.

Anyway, life is short. These are first world problems that don't mean much in the scope of things. And if someone thinks they need to reserve a spot and I want it that bad, then so what. They can have it. Nitinat is friggin awesome and I will always find somewhere to crash.

K
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Ok but taking a dump in a tent sounds fun, so lets do it!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
KC7777

Post by KC7777 »

nanmoo wrote:Ok but taking a dump in a tent sounds fun, so lets do it!
Hey nanmoo.....ha! sorry I edited out the "dump" comment....I am supposed to be professional.

Would be hilarious after a few beers....and a bit of pressure I think. And some of the taller tents may require some scaffolding or a sling of some sort?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Reserving

Post by KUS »

KC7777 wrote:Some people ranting about poor service etc. in that Nitinat dogpoop/water/bear thread are the ones leaving their gear and tents/trailers in key spots....and I doubt they are paying while not there
the odd person goes for the lakes triangle hike or a two day fishing trip I suppose or out for a day to work and then back....fair enough.....but going to work during the week, then back to your personal waterfront spot on the weekend sucks for those arriving mid week and finding the place quiet yet completely blocked.

To those that are doing that....and then having the gall to complain about services issues....well, IMHO YOU suck :!: and if one was certain (tough to know ....which is what people are counting on! so the dated sign on the door works great) that you were doing the reserve thing with a big rig, one might call a tow truck or neatly fold up that big tent blocking a site and place it on a stump. As a camp host I would certainly make sure that happens.

If you don't want to drag your rig in and out, leave it with the locals for a fee, I parked my trailer in the village for a monthly no probs. KC, it won't be an issue in a week or two..... :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!

nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

It also isn't a problem on the Oregon coast KC.
jim mckenzie

reservations

Post by jim mckenzie »

so you're telling me that if I go to the lake weekdays I'm likely to find a prime campspot all set up with no one there 'till the weekend. Saweet! Do city folks know the policy out in the toolies; if you are not there to use it then someone should? That's just 'country practicality'. Nice, generous folks. Do they leave good gear? Mine is getting rather old. Should I bother bringing it?
By the way, I'm just kidding, sort of. Maybe not.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Finally someone making good sense on this site....well done Jim! Do you get first rights at the person's sister if you stay in their trailer for more than a day? The ruling on that one has always been a bit fuzzy for me.
Give'R
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

I was surprised how busy it was when I went up during the week, it did seem like a lot more campers than people, and I never have seen it so busy.... one idea, though not as fun as staying on the lake, would be to camp at kisinger lake. It's only about 20 km from nitinat, and it's clean and on a lake too! Might be an idea for people with families that want a nice fresh water lake for the kids and dogs.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I'd say that is fair game Mr. Law.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

windaddiction wrote:I was surprised how busy it was when I went up during the week, it did seem like a lot more campers than people, and I never have seen it so busy.... one idea, though not as fun as staying on the lake, would be to camp at kisinger lake. It's only about 20 km from nitinat, and it's clean and on a lake too! Might be an idea for people with families that want a nice fresh water lake for the kids and dogs.
Is this....are you....what the.....are you from this planet? :roll: yeah...I will stay and camp at Kissinger with the family, duly pay the camp host there.... then bomb off down the dusty road every freaking day twice cuz some fuck has left his goods (and sister :lol: ) in the prime spot he's not paying for...where I cannot find a spot....so I can bath my fucking dog in fresh water? holy cow :roll:
ok, so I have had a bad day and a few beers :oops:
Last edited by KUS on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wish less, sail more!!