jumping near the boat ramp

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
jtak

Post by jtak »

Yes , it was my 10 year old son that was standing in 2 feet of water when an out of control kiter came down from about 30 feet in the air and almost crashed on him. The fellow did come down later that day to apologize. The next day my son and I watched the kiter boosting huge air almost everytime he heading back to shore and in the same area where he almost sent my son to the hospital.It wasn't until the kiter was off the water when my son was eager to get out and try windsurfing .
This was the same kiter that took out the windsurfer near the boat ramp 2 days later!!! Again he apologized.How many more times before someone gets seriously injured?

I could go on and on about this guy , and unfortunately he is still allowed on the Lake. WOW!

Asking the kiters that are attempting potentially dangerous stunts to stay far upwind of the stump is NOT unreasonable.
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

There's always one douche bag ruining it for us all.. And its only a matter of time before someone does get hurt.
Without rules and etiquette it doesn't work but with a lack of enforcement its hard to regulate
SmallWaveSteve

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

abetanzo wrote:..with a lack of enforcement its hard to regulate
Maybe its time for a BWD Beatdown Crew?

Please keep in mind, knobs flying kites aren't the only ones out there doing stupid stuff.
A couple weeks ago someone was kind enough to do some bump & jump a couple feet downwind of me, got my kite to 12 to avoid any incidents, and their mast was still within an inch or two of catching my steering line (I wasn't downwind in the "windsurf zone" or anything)
Obsessioned

Post by Obsessioned »

I think the sign by the stump should read something like this (in kid's writing):
ONLY JUMP HERE. EXTRA POINTS FOR HURTING SOMEONE. DOUBLE EXTRA POINTS IF YOU HURT YOURSELF.

My buddy just told me that they couldn't get people to stop pissing on the floor in front of the toilet at the shop where he works. They tried signs, they tried talking about it at meetings. Everyone finally started pissing in the toilet when they put up a sign reading PISS ALL OVER THE FLOOR.
Attachments
I dare you.
I dare you.
images.jpg (9.68 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
BigD

Kite vs wsurf

Post by BigD »

Talked to a guy derigging today in Hood River today, spent his whole session helping his buddy whose mast got broken by a kiter who hit it with his board in mid air [youtube] http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XN32lLUOBz ... N32lLUOBzQ [/youtube]