Why kiters have a bad rep

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Adrian, can't believe you said that.

Here is the steak you asked for, medium rare?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSuu8Dkj ... 3DAE14C878
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

I'm all for dropping the gloves on the ice, beach, rugby pitch, or parking lot if someone walks up to me and has a problem they need fixed... but just for the record.. winddude was the first to utter threats to rip up my gear and then post personal attacks online hiding behind a puter!!

'...keep them out of my way on land and in the water. Next time there lines across a parking lot, I think I'm going to do a burnout'

'I guess after flying kiddie kites when you're learning in 5 knots makes anything seem windy'

couple others about where I'm getting my stats from and how I interpret wind speeds sure whatever criticize them I don't care... Maybe you didn't see my lines out no worries my bad I'm in the way... I'm pretty reasonable and am simply trying to fix my gear after a wind drop drove me further and further downwind before the point of no return causing a run for the beach in a wind shadow.

winddude please... I like how you turned around my personal message to you that was simply a joke that you proposed!

'pasta, only if you show me a video of you looping a windsurfer before you leave lv'

hope we can meet face to face and discuss this like gentlemen but from the way you've been acting after your shitty session I hope no body gets hurt!

I thought yacht owners were dicks but it seems 10x fold for windsurfers some times
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

woahhh easy with the generalizations bru!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
frank

Post by frank »

wow... i'm a kiter/windsurfer/yacht owner...!!?? oh, and i SUP tooo!!

but never done that... "have over 10 years '''international''' race experience windsurfing" ...can someone define international please!

i like crapy thread going nowhere...quite entertaining....can we get a thread going for sup vs surf...should be a good one also....
"I stand strong in da babylon...i'm the captain of my soul" Burning Spear
Sandy Beach

Post by Sandy Beach »

Let's keep it positive! We can all play together nicely. It's really all about respecting nature and our fellow wind community.

<a href="/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFVWb-xz-w" target="_blank">Xavier Rudd:The Mother</a>
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
GWIND

Beauty

Post by GWIND »

Nice pic MartyD.
:shock: ( jumping over top of Kuster with much Love. )
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I'm with Frank & SB, we have had very great windsports relationships, let's not F@#& it up, we are very unique in that sense from what I see elsewhere

And yeah for the record, it was kinda cool to see Marty fly over top but....I wasn't too fond of the idea either and said so afterwards for everyone to note: it was a first like Larry's breakwater deal but please don't try that again
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
OtLunch

Post by OtLunch »

Why not come to the Canoe Club next week and we can all share some beer and stoke.
http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewto ... 7610#37610
GWIND

Jumping

Post by GWIND »

Yes, Kus is correct, pic looks cool but anything could go wrong. It's all about the safety. I've had a few kites over top of me, gave me a shiver down my spine after the fact.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Lamest BWD thread ever. Play nice in the sandbox.
Poultry in motion
Ed

Post by Ed »

Waaaa-aaaa-aaaaah, I want my mommy..................
winddude

Post by winddude »

abetanzo wrote: but just for the record.. winddude was the first to utter threats to rip up my gear and then post personal attacks online hiding behind a puter!!
Didn't know it was your gear, no one should leave lines across a parking lot, if it was Robby Naish I still would have said something.
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
winddude

Post by winddude »

frank wrote: but never done that... "have over 10 years '''international''' race experience windsurfing" ...can someone define international please!
above national, I competed and trained on IMCO for a long time.
Must ... Sail... More...
GWIND

Post by GWIND »

I need a beer. :idea:
winddude

Post by winddude »

I'll try to remember to bring some cachaça to the next JR day and we can share some drinks after.
Must ... Sail... More...