WORLD OCEANS DAY JUNE 8, 2017 - ISLAND VIEW BEACH

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
knottyPat

WORLD OCEANS DAY JUNE 8, 2017 - ISLAND VIEW BEACH

Post by knottyPat »

I am looking to see if there would be any interest among kitebarders/windsurfers to participate in a Beach clean on June 8 at Island View. I think it would be great to have a presence as a watersports community and be seen as great stewards of the places we love to go to. My company Pacifica Real Estate Inc will be an organizer and sponsor if there is enough interest (We are also involved in a beach clean in Sidney in partnership with the Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea on June 4). We are looking for volunteers, participants, and volunteer site supervisers and other sponsors. The more the merrier! Contact us at:
knottyPat

Beach Clean cancelled

Post by knottyPat »

Unfortunately due to the low interest we are sorry to say that the Island View Beach Clean has been cancelled. We will be back for next year though as our June 4th event (yesterday) in Sidney was a HUGE success. here's a few pictures of the volunteers who stayed until the bitter end (sorting, itemizing and submitting data to the Vancouver Aquarium and Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup): https://www.facebook.com/PacificaRealEs ... =3&theater