Took a lesson with Dwayne, now I'm hooked, arghhh

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Thrila

Took a lesson with Dwayne, now I'm hooked, arghhh

Post by Thrila »

After looking at all the videos on youtube for almost a year :shock: I finally took a lesson at Nitinat Lake (took me 6 hours to drive there from Van, got lost twice hahaha)

I had tons of fun in 2 days, Dwayne got me from never ever to body dragging upwind and staying on water for at least a while before face planting it :lol: I had a constant smile on my face lol :D

The lake was awesome too: constant winds, a sauna on the beach, lots of people around camp fire every night, and bear sightings :roll:

Anyway, I had a great experience with him and would recommend anyone that wish to take lessons to check out his site and what not.

Be warned, kiteboarding and lessons cost quite a bit, I just started and there already is a hole in my wallet (bought myself a kite and a trainer 8) )
tom

Post by tom »

Now that you are hooked.. Want to buy a full package of kite gear cheap?
Thrila

Post by Thrila »

hahaha I'd love to... however that'll have to wait till after xmas though, gotta teach skiing for 2 whole weeks (and maybe springbreak as well) to make some pin money, unless I land a job in Victoria while going to Uvic first year :wink:
BallsToTheWalls

right on man!!

Post by BallsToTheWalls »

I did the same thing in July with Dwayne. He's a great teacher and a cool guy!! I hear ya on how much $$ it can be. But really if you think about it once your gear is bought and lessons are no longer needed, the price is not bad.
A great sport along with some great people, makes for a great time!!!! :D [/list]