Search found 265 matches

by Kite Kook
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:23 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Closures (Covid-19)
Replies: 42
Views: 25576

RCMP have a roadblock set up on the highway after Kennedy Lake. They’re specifically looking for campers/van people and non residents... It sucks. Super curious about this! Especially since there is no order to stay at home, just recommendations. What on earth are they telling people? From an artic...
by Kite Kook
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:01 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: China Creek onsite reports and info
Replies: 49
Views: 19410

Thanks!

Had 2 days and one evening session. Martijn and Lily were wonderful hosts, and the spot is a great alternative to the lake. A little lighter wind, and a little less predictable too, but seems like a great spot for lessons in the water! Saturday was light wind, but it came around today and was really...
by Kite Kook
Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:02 pm
Topic: Cook St on Friday
Replies: 12
Views: 5104

Good to hear! Don't feel bad about the walk of shame - I have been kiting there since 2000 and that flood tide was pretty strong. I actually lost my hat i the kelp off of Clover Point and almost joined you on that walk before the wind filled back in down there.

Hope your next time is even better!
by Kite Kook
Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:01 pm
Topic: Vanagon?
Replies: 16
Views: 3535

Thanks winddude, but I am focussed on an 86-91 Anything in good condition (essentially rust free) I am open to. Yeah, that guy buying them up seems on top of it. JL, nice find, that one sold in a few hours! Most recent one was 10K and in way worse condition. That guy on the Malahat *paid* 20K for a ...
by Kite Kook
Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:21 am

PS - that Vangon sold on the first day - just like the other one we went to see. Seems like people buy one for 6-9K, put a little work into it and then sell them for 15-20K. Few folks doing this. Sigh...
by Kite Kook
Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:57 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for the postings, appreciated!

That is a good price, I will check out what the issues are.

If it's no good, I will keep looking, as I prefer rust free.

Thanks again!

Paul
by Kite Kook
Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:20 am

Vanagon?

not a conversion, but if anyone knows of a good condition 86-91 VW Vanagon Westfalia for sale, please let me know!

Thanks,
Paul
by Kite Kook
Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 pm
Topic: Kite Kook's GearUp4CF Ride
Replies: 5
Views: 2410

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the support - incredible! I am *very* grateful for all of this, and really appreciate the support! Yesterday was a tough day, but today was better and much more fun! More importantly, I made my goal and together the riders and supporters of this ride have raised almos...
by Kite Kook
Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:17 pm
Topic: Kite Kook's GearUp4CF Ride
Replies: 5
Views: 2410

Kite Kook's GearUp4CF Ride

Hey guys, Now that Morewind has done the Ride to Conquer Cancer (way to go!), I thought I would let folks know that I am trying to finish my fundraising for the GearUp4CF. I am 75% of the way to my goal, and I leave Friday! This is a 1200KM ride from Vancouver to Banff that I am doing to raise funds...
by Kite Kook
Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:48 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Ocean Rodeo/ RVYC KOOK ST Crew Event
Replies: 31
Views: 8807

Rumble

Awesome cause! Count Rumble in for a case of 12 for the silent auction.
:D
by Kite Kook
Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:38 am
Topic: Strapless Videos...
Replies: 66
Views: 15846

Nice vid, Chris! That track was one I used last year in my set at NYE - love it!
by Kite Kook
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 am
Topic: Rule of 3... Kite Review request!!!
Replies: 22
Views: 6271

my 10m OR Rise covers 90% of the wind I enjoy kiting in. One kite quiver for me, and no need to ever wonder which kite to pump up!

by Kite Kook
Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:46 pm
Topic: Mr. Paul Underhill
Replies: 8
Views: 2595

takes one to know one - an inspiration that is! My wife went through HD many years ago - to be kiting through treatment is just insane!

Thanks for the kind words, hope to see you for one more westerly at Cook before summer is over!

Paul
by Kite Kook
Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:06 pm
Topic: Royal Victoria Kite Race
Replies: 57
Views: 17370

Correction!!

:!:

Hey there, just to be clear, I (Paul Underhill, 296) am TT, not pro!!

Thanks!

Paul

:shock: :shock:
by Kite Kook
Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:27 pm
Topic: Royal Victoria Kite Race
Replies: 57
Views: 17370

These are kiters you are talking about - there will be a last minute rush! :D