Search found 51 matches

by TomS
Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:41 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: LaVentana - driving, passenger
Replies: 0
Views: 415

LaVentana - driving, passenger

I am heading to LaVentana for the winter approx Oct 15th. Leaving from Victoria with a possible quick stop in Hood River Oregon. Meeting up with a small convoy entering Baja Mexico at the Mexicalli border and down highway Mex 5. I have room for a passenger and gear. It is an awesome drive. Down in L...
by TomS
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:14 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Melanie Houston
Replies: 10
Views: 5740

Melanie Houston

PB - Thanks for posting the sad news about Mel. A good picture, Mel and her brother were so young going to Nitinaht they were bathed in a dishpan and small cooler. In the early 90's windsurf days Melanie sailed across the Nitinaht lake on a 1 meter windsurf sail at age 6. My regards to the family
by TomS
Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:43 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Road trip to LaVentana
Replies: 18
Views: 5116

Tourist cards

Martin Great to here that you are now there on "la Playa". New regulations as of Nov 1 2012. I have been to Immigration in LaPaz to help people with no Tourist cards, It is no longer possible to get a tourist card south of the border. You are just "shit out of luck" if you need i...
by TomS
Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:51 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: kiteconnections.com
Replies: 3
Views: 1754

Baja links

Good job Greg.
Just add the 5 knots for local thermal to forecasts.

From LaVentana.
by TomS
Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:39 am
Topic: Driving to LaVentana
Replies: 35
Views: 10470

LaVentana

Martin
Take care with that big RV rig! I will be leaving Victoria Oct 16th for LaVentana so I'll see you on the beach shortly. Martin, keep those road reports coming.
Anyone else looking to convoy down?

Tom
by TomS
Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:27 pm
Topic: Drive Away to La Ventana, Baja
Replies: 1
Views: 878

Glad to hear you are heading back to LaVentana Ellen!

A good van and great beachfront apartment offer, you can't get any closer to the beach without getting wet.

I am driving my van leaving Victoria/ Hood River Oct 23/24 and I am looking to convoy thru Baja.

See you there!

Tom
by TomS
Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:17 pm
Topic: LaVentana - anyone coming down soon
Views: 1538

Lost Glasses found

Stan has recovered the lost presciption glasses. Thanks, no real rush for the other pair but will arrange for them to be brought down.....
It was very windy today.
by TomS
Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:36 am
Topic: LaVentana - anyone coming down soon
Views: 1538

LaVentana - anyone coming down soon

Does anyone know of someone who could bring down a pair of prescription glasses to LaVentana ASAP to replace a pair lost on the water while windsurfing. Stan Haladik's wife in Victoria will get his spare glasses to you.
by TomS
Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:07 am
Topic: La Vantana
Views: 1535

LaVentana

The wind and water are both warm now....... Why wait! ........ 50 kites on the water yesterday in LaVentana.
by TomS
Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:56 pm
Topic: Who is heading for Baja this 2009/10 winter?
Replies: 4
Views: 1508

Sorry Bill.....Will be late night driving in Oregon and I won't be going into the Gorge.

Joost .....Returning March post Olympics .......it is not luck, just good planning.
by TomS
Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Topic: Who is heading for Baja this 2009/10 winter?
Replies: 4
Views: 1508

Who is heading for Baja this 2009/10 winter?

I am driving to LaVentana leaving Victoria November 16th.
Baja Convoy anyone?

Any other Convoys?

As for those people flying I might have some small space for a bit of tenting gear etc.

Feel free to ask or post info about flights, taxi or bus schedule to / from LaVentana etc.

Tom
by TomS
Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:03 pm
Topic: Baja aerial photos of LaVentana kitesailing
Views: 1084

Baja aerial photos of LaVentana kitesailing

We here in La Ventana this season have been treated to some excellent Baja Slideshows for evening entertainment. Here are the links to Charles Chandler's photo gallery....mostly shot from a backpack powered paraglider. http://www.charleschandlerphotography.com/gallvwsaerials.html and the pilot http:...
by TomS
Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 pm
Topic: Very sad news from LaVentana..... Victoria area kiteboarder
Replies: 1
Views: 1071

Very sad news from LaVentana..... Victoria area kiteboarder

I am very sorry to confirm that a Victoria area kitesailor died Thursday January 29th in LaVentana. On Thursday afternoon Alan Williams was found unconscious floating face down in the water, he was still attached to his kite and his feet were still in his kiteboard straps. .....details of his rescue...
by TomS
Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:01 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Ventana Bay Resort ??
Replies: 13
Views: 3260

Alaska airmiles

You will need to apply for your Alaska Mastercard / Airmiles plan quickly in order for you to book in January. The only restriction that I know on the $50 companion ticket is that when you book your flight you must book the companion at the same time .......you can't just add a friend after your fli...
by TomS
Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:13 am
Topic: Cabo San Lucas to La Ventana?
Replies: 14
Views: 3628

An update on the shortcut road from San Antonio to San Juan de Los Planos / La Ventana...........The road is paved and in very good shape.