Search found 8 matches

by jazzydoc
Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Drift from piper's to gabriola on October 27
Replies: 42
Views: 10261

Self rescue

A simple suggestion is that we think about carrying our iPhones in a waterproof case. Costs about 80 bucks I think. I carry mine in my wetsuit tucked in under my neck for easy access. I used it once this summer near sebastion after wind died and 3 km float was required. . Alternative is one of those...
by jazzydoc
Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:35 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: To windsurf or kite?
Replies: 38
Views: 8259

Check out this you tube vid "jet surf extreme powerboard ByExtremcentrum" (you'll have to google it)for those no wind days. Gotta say that after 30 years of windsurfing starting 1978 that agree that your locale picks the sport. In Lantzville the summer winds are light and there is always a...
by jazzydoc
Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: My Cancer Update: Stem Cell Transplant
Replies: 5
Views: 2275

Hogkins

My best friend, also called Steven, an ex windsurfer turned kiter went through a similar experience in the last 18 months. He had an aggressive type of lymphoma with a poor prognosis and endured endless treatments. There were many dark days as he called them but he came out the other side doing well...
by jazzydoc
Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:29 pm
Topic: Pumps
Replies: 1
Views: 955

Pumps

Someone posted that Canadian Tire has pumps. They have two models (19 and 28 dollars). The 19 dollar version is identical to my pump that came with my North kites minus the gauge. To rescue an old pump I clean out everything with lots of soap and water and spray silicone against the seals and it bec...
by jazzydoc
Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:16 pm
Topic: Sebastion Lantzville saturday
Replies: 0
Views: 597

Sebastion Lantzville saturday

Anyone planning on sebastion beach sat pm?
by jazzydoc
Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Topic: Kanaha, Maui
Replies: 0
Views: 585

Kanaha, Maui

Ran into couple of kiters in tofino in august and wondered how to get into surf board and srf conditions...their advice was to go to Maui and it will come. So with 22 days under my harness, took that advice. Had 6 days in Kanaha (kite beach) last week and quickly progressed to strapless and jibes wi...
by jazzydoc
Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:52 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: port alberni
Replies: 1
Views: 3604

port alberni

going sailing tomorrow...from north nanaimo...never been to port alberni to kite but would be shorter than nitnaht...how is it??? where is the best location?
by jazzydoc
Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:05 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kite destination March
Replies: 3
Views: 1309

Kite destination March

Where is the best kiting in March...1st two weeks. Ideally warm. Equipment repair available. I was thinking La Ventana but am worried that the wind is getting sketchy at that time. Thanks.