Search found 7 matches

by wjlavery
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:14 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Foil mounting maintenance question
Replies: 3
Views: 307

Re: Foil mounting maintenance question

Thanks for the reply. I'll get those other nuts, and be sure not to over tighten them. To deal with the dents I seem to have made, should I sand them smooth?
by wjlavery
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:22 pm
Topic: Foil mounting maintenance question
Replies: 3
Views: 307

Foil mounting maintenance question

Hey - I'm new to wingfoiling - just got back from my third session tonight. I'm having trouble with the foil track on my KT Drifter (it was brand new - just used the three times). The track seems to be getting dented and the paint is flaking, and the nuts won't slide. It's happening on all 4 points ...
by wjlavery
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:29 pm
Topic: Wind Direction?
Replies: 1
Views: 670

Re: Wind Direction?

Thanks - I'll check it out.
by wjlavery
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:11 pm
Topic: Wind Direction?
Replies: 1
Views: 670

Wind Direction?

Hi - I'm finally all geared up and ready for my first session wing foiling. Can anyone advise the best wind direction at the different sites around Victoria? I'm 100kg and using a 6m wing to start, so I'm thinking I'll be looking for 15-20 knot winds, but I'm not sure the best direction. Ross Bay - ...
by wjlavery
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:48 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Rigging question
Replies: 7
Views: 4920

Lol - yes! That is the answer - there are two holes - I just rigged it wrong. Thanks for the quick replies and help everyone.
by wjlavery
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:25 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Rigging question
Views: 4920

Rigging question

Hi, I have an older Sailworks Bravo 6.0 sail that I was trying to rig today, but the openings on the sail are too small for the clamp on the boom. Is there a different attachment option?

Thanks for your advice!
by wjlavery
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kiting lesson review?
Views: 4109

I had a great experience with Sea to Sky Kiteboarding in Squamish a few weeks ago. http://www.seatoskykiteboarding.com/

I was a total beginner and we went from total basics (safety, rigging, etc) all the way to actually getting up on a board in a few hours. They use a zodiac support boat.