Search found 12 matches

by Kevin B
Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:56 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Forgotten Naish Bar
Replies: 0
Views: 1024

Forgotten Naish Bar

This is a long shot but I left my Naish bar at Kinkade Tuesday Nov 8. It was just above the high tide mark near the gravel bar,(a bit north from the parking lot). Thanks
by Kevin B
Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:33 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Brew tours?
Replies: 11
Views: 4309

If you like Dunkel, try the Longwood Steam Punk. Their Stoutnik is also very nice.
by Kevin B
Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:22 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Storm Riding, YOU and ME!!
Replies: 44
Views: 13504

To get a sense of what it is like, try swimming fully clothed sometime wearing a ski jacket. Then imagine trying to bobbing up and down in 4 -6 ft seas.
by Kevin B
Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:34 am
Topic: Storm Riding, YOU and ME!!
Replies: 44
Views: 13504

You drown.

Drysuits do have their use in some watersports but why you would want on for kiting is beyond me. Just an opinion though
by Kevin B
Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:43 pm
Topic: Lawn mowing with a 13m cloud
Replies: 5
Views: 1796

Board width is 38cm. There is very little rocker (maybe 1/4"). As for weight I'm a light and springy 200lbs
by Kevin B
Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:33 am
Topic: Lawn mowing with a 13m cloud
Replies: 5
Views: 1796

Lawn mowing with a 13m cloud

Good day and Happy Easter. Decided to buy a 13m cloud and finally got to muck around with it. Not exactly the most exciting video but I think this will be a nice kite for the many lightwind summer days in Nanaimo. I chickened out and stayed fairly close to shore (trying to avoid conflict with the se...
by Kevin B
Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:09 pm
Topic: Kiting Surfside Dr. Qualicum?
Replies: 0
Views: 588

Kiting Surfside Dr. Qualicum?

Has anyone tried kiting at Surfside Dr. in Qualicum? I've driven by on occasion and at the right tide it looks to be a fun spot the way the waves break plus flat water inside on a SE. I've been meaning to check it out but kiting time is a precious commodity for me these days. Just curious if it's wo...
by Kevin B
Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:59 am
Topic: Pipers
Replies: 24
Views: 4699

I live right close to Pipers and have played around inside the Lagoon on a NW lots (SE is best). To head outside though you will have the wind shadow to deal with. If you're confident in your skills you should have some fun. A couple of options close by are Blueback which is about a 7 min drive from...
by Kevin B
Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:52 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Best Oregon/ Washington State microbrew IPA?
Replies: 8
Views: 6703

I really need to check my spelling before I post. Can't wait to head back to OR in September.
by Kevin B
Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:15 am

I've always bought them in Safeway, Fred Meyer or large chain drug stores. I did trip to Seaside last fall and that those are the stores we used. Hop Czar does come in 6 packs. "Hop in the Dark" might only be sold in singles. Lastly I know this breaks the buy local rule but if you see Rang...
by Kevin B
Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:58 pm

A subject near and dear to my heart. Thumbs up to the Ninkasi.

Try Bridgeport Hop Czar, also try Deschutes Hop in the Dark. Lastly give Thunderhead IPA a try.
by Kevin B
Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:27 am
Topic: Kiteboarding Lessons in Port Alberni - WWW
Replies: 4
Views: 1342

Well I finally made it out to Alberni yesterday and very glad I went. You guys have an amazing spot there. I'm looking forward to more.