Search found 18 matches

by steve-0
Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:29 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: I've heard good things about Mui Ne???
Replies: 11
Views: 4117

No worries mate, Hope I didn't take any of the fun out of it.

Look me up when you arrive.
by steve-0
Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:18 pm
Topic: I've heard good things about Mui Ne???
Replies: 11
Views: 4117

I've been staying in Mui Ne for the past 5 years all winter. Hope this does not turn into a wall of text but here goes. Best way to Mui Ne from arriving is to ask a taxi driver (from the airport) to take you to Bui Vien. Its the backpackers district and there are loads of bus companies that run ever...
by steve-0
Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:00 am
Topic: Trim Line Replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 1788

Hopefully this will save some folks a few bucks. Go to west marine and buy 1/4" amsteel rope and make your own power line for about $6 vs $30-$35 from kite replacement part sellers. Same material. It'll last even longer if you wax the rope as well unless you're on a hot sandy beach where it wou...
by steve-0
Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Hollow Wooden Cedar Strip Kite-Surfboard
Replies: 51
Views: 9462

Nice work Greg! I hope Im there when you bring her out for the first run.
by steve-0
Sun May 19, 2013 9:21 am
Topic: Nitinat store open new owner
Replies: 4
Views: 1917

Nitinat store open new owner

Yup the store is open, the grill is on, wifi on, and the store is under new ownership and loaded with everything you can imagine for camping and eating, even fresh fruits! Korean Kim is the new owner, nice lady good changes. Still gotta bring your own beer though. 8) Lookin forward to an epic summer!
by steve-0
Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:24 pm
Topic: Upwind - Launch of a Sport. The history of Kitesurfing
Replies: 14
Views: 3423

Upwind - Launch of a Sport. The history of Kitesurfing

For those of you who have not seen this, I think its one of the best documentaries on the history of kiteboarding ever. I could not find it on the web anywhere so I've put it up as a torrent. Grab a beer or some popcorn and enjoy!
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7915650
by steve-0
Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:38 pm
Topic: etiquette and consideration
Replies: 52
Views: 15772

Thanks for speaking up Kevin. I really appreciate your courage in calling out inappropriate masculinity. I've had a long talk with myself and a few others regarding the situation I found myself in last friday. I'm taking responsibility for riding, jumping, air transitioning too close to others and I...
by steve-0
Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:08 pm
Topic: Size suggestions for Flysurfer Speed 3
Replies: 10
Views: 2851

Well I am only 150 pound with a wetsuit and yes 6 knots is not realistic to jump in. I'd probably be riding 8-12 more realisticly. I was out today with a 14 rebel in 9 knots barely powered, still upwind, and 2 foot jumps, backrolls etc. After reading everything I could online and watching as many vi...
by steve-0
Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm more freestyle / wakestyle inclined. If I cant jump and spin then I'll get bored. Flysurfers have that incredible hang time I'm looking for to learn more airstyle. Thanks for the suggestion.
by steve-0
Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Size suggestions for Flysurfer Speed 3

So this year I'm in the market for a Speed 3 as a ultra light wind kite. Here on Saltspring we get lots of 6-9 knot days and the 14m just wont do. I'm 70 kilos suited mostly on a 140x42 Looking at the 21m delux and 19m delux. I hear the 21m is hard on the back with all the pull. Turning speed at say...
by steve-0
Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:51 pm
Topic: KITE REPAIR IN VICTORIA??
Replies: 17
Views: 5091

Kite Fix

I have been using Kitefix kit for the past year with 100% acuracy. I have fixed everything from canopy pin holes, Leading edge bladder punctures, large 48" rips, and even a valve or 2. Best part is.... It takes only a few minutes to fix most things and you'll be back on the water in about 20 mi...
by steve-0
Mon May 28, 2012 12:24 pm
Topic: Lost North 5th element Bar and Lines May 11th at Nitnat
Replies: 1
Views: 861

Lost North 5th element Bar and Lines May 11th at Nitnat

I left my bar behind May 11th and my friend Geoff says a guy named Collin found it and asked him about it. Anyone know Collin or his user name here on the site.
Didnt realize I'd left it until yesterday at the lake. Much appreciated.
Stephen on Saltspring
by steve-0
Tue May 15, 2012 10:25 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Nitinat is ON!
Replies: 26
Views: 9425

The trees blocking the webcam are gone!!!!! I cant take credit though. Thanks to whomever took the time.
by steve-0
Mon May 14, 2012 5:21 pm

downwind dave wrote:great news. is anyone able to prune those fast-growing trees from in front of the webcam! :)
I'd ask but I'm not sure which house it is. Tried to figure it out last week but...... no cookie.
by steve-0
Mon May 14, 2012 5:19 pm

So...... All this hot weather.... Anyone know whats happening at the lake now? I'd like to go tomorrow or Wednesday for a couple days but so far looks like a steady 8-9 knots as far as Port Alberni. Anyone with a different report? Was at the lake from Monday 7th until Friday and I surfed every day! ...