Search found 47 matches

by Gdawg
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:44 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Just assk Nanmoo
Replies: 40
Views: 17284

nanmoo wrote: I can't see the damaged equipment making windsurfing any less frustrating or difficult. Good to go! :lol:
This guy windsurfs
by Gdawg
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:02 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: random surf
Replies: 9
Views: 6829

Damn - there are some people out there who are much more athletic than me.
by Gdawg
Thu May 19, 2016 10:52 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Should I buy???!
Replies: 17
Views: 7497

Your neighbour sounds super cool. We should all be so lucky ;-) Keep on enjoying the rig - I've got more gear than I know what to do with. Re: tracking down used gear, the issue you are bumping into is that pretty much the only people who still windsurf in Victoria are the diehards. This means that ...
by Gdawg
Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:26 pm
Topic: Tips on getting gear across the US border?
Replies: 13
Views: 5379

+1 for Seawing. Used it for various surfboard purchases over the years.
by Gdawg
Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:46 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Tires for Nitinat
Replies: 31
Views: 7779

My first trip to Nitnat, I flatted twice on the P rated stock tires my Silverado came with. I was exactly half way along the dirt road on the way in. Hitched back with some loggers who in turn got a flat in their crew-truck. After I finally got my vehicle back to Youbou, I confessed my ignorance of ...
by Gdawg
Fri May 08, 2015 10:26 pm
Topic: Moments of Stoke: What are yours?
Replies: 49
Views: 13694

This:

by Gdawg
Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:28 pm
Topic: School me on wave SUPs
Replies: 42
Views: 8304

Sounds like 8' ish x 105L ish is what I'm looking for. I'll let you know how it goes.
by Gdawg
Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:52 pm

:oops: I vaguely recalled that there was a thread on this but the only one I could find was the one on flatwater SUPs, so I figured I was mistaken. Stand by while I absorb the collective wisdom which has already been discussed in these other threads.
by Gdawg
Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:39 pm

School me on wave SUPs

Call out to those in the know (BWD, Namoo, Windoc etc.) for some equipment advice. I'm looking to buy a proper dedicated surfing SUP this winter. I'm a fair-to-middling shortboard surfer and have put in time on a variety of bigger SUPs - 9'x30" being the smallest. I'm about 195lbs in winter rub...
by Gdawg
Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:20 pm
Topic: Home Movies
Replies: 6
Views: 1698

I think the population of windsurfers who will become kiters just got one person larger after I watched that video.
by Gdawg
Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:29 am
Topic: Where to windsurf in Kingston
Replies: 7
Views: 1938

Finally, something I have some expertise in. Kingston born – live there for most of the first 22 years of my life and learned to sail there. There are certainly worse fates for a windsurfer than having to live in Kingston. It’s a nice town – uncannily similar to Victoria in many ways. Its been 15+ y...
by Gdawg
Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:11 am
Topic: San Carlos 2014
Replies: 29
Views: 7372

June 14-21st for me. Looking forward to tearing my hands to pieces again.
by Gdawg
Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:58 pm
Topic: Logical Order of Skills/Tricks
Views: 3125

abetanzo wrote:Sorry Gdawg but didn't you recently post about the worst display of windsurfing Jordan river recently?
Touché.
by Gdawg
Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:22 pm
Topic: Logical Order of Skills/Tricks
Views: 3125

After you have mastered those fundamentals young grasshopper, only then, are you ready to start windsurfing.
by Gdawg
Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:37 pm
Topic: The Guild of the Golden Helmet
Replies: 90
Views: 28559

We need a golden something else for the largest walk of shame which I believe went to GDawg today... :lol: Shame? Heck no. You guys with your safe just-past-the-point-kick-out ought to be ashamed. You could still get at least one more hit on that wave, maybe even two, if you're willing to swim afte...