Search found 72 matches

by 57palm
Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:56 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Legal aspect on "helping"a friend kiting
Replies: 33
Views: 8515

twice as old as most and in better shape!?

Hey Gord good for you for recognizing that different people have different abilities and experiences in life. It is very true this sport is far harder for some than for others. I learned quickly and did receive some flack from more experienced kiters in that process. However remember one thing, kite...
by 57palm
Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:00 pm
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147730

wipe-out

Hey Jim, Chris. These recent things have really caused me to be more careful when kiting now. (at least for a while). I came in with my 8M well powered. Dropped my board on the beach and walked up to the field with one hand on the bar and the other one on my quick release. And oh yeah, the leash was...
by 57palm
Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:53 am

Awesome posts and group of people.

Great stuff guys. Super last post Jordan. I agree with the idea of a positive direction where we all help each other. Just happy I am not the target anymore.

Reuben
by 57palm
Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Missed the point.

One of the draw backs of internet forums is that without seeing someone face to face things can easily be taken out of context and often be controversial or offensive to some. We do all need to remember this when we post as to not be too antagonistic. I was going to keep out of any more discussions ...
by 57palm
Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Easy there! and Stump removal

Hey easy JL, let us not start any more strife. I think what AC was saying is that professional lessons are a great idea. A point that is pretty hard to argue. On another note I have been thinking of bringing a chain saw to the lake to remove the massive stump/kite killer. Has it not nearly killed en...
by 57palm
Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Some final thoughts on recent accident.

So after living with with this latest accident experience for over a week I can tell you all it is still foremost on my mind. I have given significant thought to my actions and comments and others and have carried out further research to maybe find some solace or education to prevent this in the fut...
by 57palm
Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:00 pm

All true

Daves previous comments are all accurate I can confirm them. Sadly I convinced myself my friends previous flying performances would carry the day and was somewhat bewildered at his seeming loss of previous (but knowingly limited) skill. In spite of more than one red flag I proceeded and I do hold my...
by 57palm
Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Not much else to say!

Not much to add to this other than thanks for the positive words of advice. My friend is in very good spirits and as always he is truly a super person. Please continue to chime in with more positive words of wisdom. One last thing, I sure as hell never want this to happen again! to anyone.

Reuben
by 57palm
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:16 am

Thanks all!

Thanks all for the constructive input. Through another career I learned that dangerous accidents are almost always caused by more than one thing. Yes one or more things done differently could have prevented this but it was in fact the sum total of all things that led us both to this spot. In retrosp...
by 57palm
Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:35 pm

One more accident

I know many of you local kiters have now heard of an accident at IV this past week. I would just like to tell you all what occurred so we may all learn from it as I was one of the people directly involved. Last fall I introduced a friend of mine to kiteboarding. First he was at the beach with me fly...
by 57palm
Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:01 am
Topic: What to look for in a Board for a newbie.
Replies: 11
Views: 2695

board

Pretty general question. Maybe a little background on what type/style of riding you hope to do would help, Also regarding building your own board, I too have thought this and built things for myself many times. The truth is you will not save any money. Add up the cost of materials, then purchase pad...
by 57palm
Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:12 pm
Topic: FOUND Naish bar and lines Dec 14 island View
Replies: 3
Views: 944

Where were you yesterday, it was fun!
by 57palm
Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:22 pm
Topic: FOUND Naish bar and lines Dec 14 island View
Replies: 3
Views: 944

FOUND Naish bar and lines Dec 14 island View

FOUND - 2008 naish bar and lines. last seen at Island View beach Dec. 14 about 4:00pm. Anyone ?? I love this bar and want it back.

Found at IV by lady, called Ocean rodeo, they called me. Feeling very fortunate right now. Thanks all.

Reuben
250-383-6704
by 57palm
Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:28 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Add to our Westcoast Windsport Dictionary!!
Replies: 69
Views: 21490

TWEEK

TWEEK - to "twitch for an entire week. (see twitch above)
by 57palm
Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 am
Topic: Surfboard Kite Video
Replies: 6
Views: 2127

dude, dude, dude, have some natchos!!!! and a tatoo to go with that!!

love the stoke.

And yeah, www.losethestraps.com is awesome!!!!

Reuben