Search found 497 matches

by winddude
Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:26 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Why kiters have a bad rep
Replies: 41
Views: 10004

Why kiters have a bad rep

I have respect for kiters some of you are amazing riders, I know our sports often compete for space on the water, and back and forth about which sport is better (FYI it's clearly windsurfing). But when someone makes a comment like this it reflects bad and there are ways of dealing with them that pro...
by winddude
Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:56 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Session Logs
Replies: 15
Views: 5910

Posting the wind speed doesn't make any difference to me, I always look to see what sail sizes are posted and that tells me the whole story ! Does it? What if people are sailing under powered, over powered, different boards, or currents... not to mention rider size. I try and be as accurate as poss...
by winddude
Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:17 pm
Topic: Getting outside of the breakers
Replies: 23
Views: 6356

Time on the water, windsurf, windsurf and windsurf. Just keep givener'
by winddude
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:10 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Video...
Replies: 7
Views: 2665

I have some misc. windsurfing goPro footage from gordons this summer, I saw a few others out, don't remember who.
by winddude
Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:11 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Hollow Wooden Cedar Strip Kite-Surfboard
Replies: 51
Views: 9588

PUURRDDYY! :lol:
by winddude
Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:46 pm
Topic: Any lovers of the Hot Sails Liquid?
Replies: 12
Views: 2521

I be more inclined for a dedicated slalom/race sail over a large freeride sail, but that's me.
by winddude
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 am
Topic: 3D, Graphene, New Age Board Design -Msg board thead saver
Replies: 10
Views: 3472

The guy in the video also keeps saying he's going to simplify the process, and bring the sport to more people. By charging 4-5k for a board? By creating a custom board for every variable of your skill, body type and where you sail? That sounds more complex then 2 or 3 boards for varying conditions...
by winddude
Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:57 am
Topic: 3D, Graphene, New Age Board Design -Msg board thead saver
Replies: 10
Views: 3472

Sounds a lot like hollow carbon fiber surf boards, http://www.avisosurf.com/ one of the first to mass produce them. I had pondered it a few years ago for windsurfing construction. A few issues I saw: very high in cost, and the second was I don't think a hollow carbon fiber structure could with stand...
by winddude
Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:05 pm
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 122001

nanmoo wrote:I have seen that thing plying the coast from Davenport to the Gorge quite a bit over the last few years. I wonder where it lives full time?
He said it's normally parked in Hood River. It's also been up in Tofino when the Naish guys have been demoing and touring with SUP.
by winddude
Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:49 am

how about Robby's RV? Pretty sweet, he had it down in Pistol a few years ago.
by winddude
Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:46 am

downwind dave wrote:nice rig! looks like no e-brake? :lol:
one of my neighbors bought one of those vans to wedge in a new subaru motor. apparently it is pretty common hes got a conversion kit for it.
Thanks, yea it needs some work!
by winddude
Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:10 am
Topic: Board/Sail Combination
Replies: 11
Views: 3208

Some good points above, with out really seeing your technique it's hard to comment on your water start technique. 1 - You might be to close to the nose when you are in the water and getting on the board. Try to stay closer to the tail, and keep the board slightly off the wind. When your'e ready to g...
by winddude
Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:05 pm

On this topic I think my new surfagon will make a pretty slick windsurfing vehicle! Just needs a bit of camperization, an ice box for some cold ones, and a bit of a 'tune up'. Can't wait to road trip it down to Baja... hopefully it's running smoothly by spring,
by winddude
Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:47 pm
Topic: Moments of Stoke: What are yours?
Replies: 49
Views: 13943

Nearly ever session.

First Forward Loop landed (about my third or 4th attempt) :D
First ankle dry forward!
by winddude
Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:05 am
Topic: 4 vs 5 batten sails
Replies: 30
Views: 8970

Why go 4 battens when you can go 3? Hot Sails, Point-7 and Challenger all have them. I think the choice comes down to a matter of style and preference. I've only tied the Np Combat (5-batten) vs The Fly (4-batten). At times I found the 4-batten sail to not feel as fast and was maybe a bit soft for m...