Any lovers of the Hot Sails Liquid?

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Speedy_G

Any lovers of the Hot Sails Liquid?

Post by Speedy_G »

Are there any lovers of the Hot Sails Liquid 6 batten freeride sail on the island? Should Jeff make it again?
Attachments
2015LIQUID_cs1.jpg
2015LIQUID_cs1.jpg (77.29 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
gorge_r_and_d

Post by gorge_r_and_d »

wait till the verdict is in on the GPX...
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

not bad.. now if it only had 3 battens.. :twisted:
gorge_r_and_d

Post by gorge_r_and_d »

Hehe yeah 6 battens are SOOO 2 years ago.....
Speedy_G

Post by Speedy_G »

I tested the GPX in April. Chris lent us the prototype. Felt pretty good but fairly finicky to rig. You had to get it just right. I got 2 on order, we shall see.

How far will this go?? Will we'll go all the way to battenless?
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

Hmmm - one could just take out #2,4,5 battens and try that. :roll: :lol:

6-batten sails have smaller panels to repair on punching thru sail as a couple folks did Sat past! :evil:
We windsurf - life must be good!
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Speedy_G wrote:I tested the GPX in April. Chris lent us the prototype. Felt pretty good but fairly finicky to rig. You had to get it just right. I got 2 on order, we shall see.

How far will this go?? Will we'll go all the way to battenless?
I see the future: small, cafeteria tray sized board, little fins, inflatable battens for the sail, maybe a tiny boom with strings going waaaaay up to the sail. Oh, and shorts worn over a full wetsuit. Just kidding about the shorts. That's just ridiculous.
Poultry in motion
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Yeah, who would wear shorts over their wet suit? That makes no sense at all! :shock: :lol:
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Randal

Post by Randal »

Hi J,

Seems more like they need to rationalize the line-up a bit. There are a whole lot of different speed-oriented freeride and race sails, and several different wave sails of different sorts of construction. The new direction seem popular for the wave sails.

If there is anything missing it is an all-rounder like the Naish Amp/Moto, NP Fusion, etc. A 5 batten light wind wave/freestyle/freeride sail with a bit of a tight leech, low aspect ratio, and moderately high clew. With modern materials, there should be something tough but with a bit of stiffness like you get from monofilm. The Liquid I only used a few times, but it felt pretty one-dimensional.

Anyhow, just an idea.
winddude

Post by winddude »

I be more inclined for a dedicated slalom/race sail over a large freeride sail, but that's me.
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

One day I want to try a race and/or free ride sail and see how they differ from wave sails.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

nanmoo wrote:One day I want to try a race and/or free ride sail and see how they differ from wave sails.
I'd say they are generally more racey and/or free-ridey than wave sails. You could also say they feel less wavey. But I'm no rocket surgeon.
Poultry in motion
jim mckenzie

freeride

Post by jim mckenzie »

For sails above 6.0, I would prefer a twin cam, small cams, one above and one below the booms. As a lightweight I find the supported leading edge is most useful in the low end where I can coax the board onto a plane and then take full advantage of the apparent wind on the relatively smooth water. Camless sails are more top end oriented. A small person will just go to a smaller sail so these multi battened no cam sails are built for heavyweights in plenty of wind. A super ultra light and powerful twin cam would be spot on for me. So in answer to the question; no, you needn't make any of that particular model for me.