by Ned
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kite history/progression
Replies: 7
Views: 1903

History of Kting

Hey Teabag,

Check out the history of kiting article in this issue. It goes from 1998-2008 and is a really cool read.

I think someone (maybe me; I'd love the credit!) posted it before, but I couldn't find it...

Should answer some questions, but not all.[/url]
by Ned
Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:47 pm
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 148439

@ Dale

No I haven't actually... I do wonder what happened to him and if he ever got kiting or not...
by Ned
Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 pm
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 148439

Just to switch it up and prove there can be positive outcomes too, here's a little story for you... Last summer Pfillion and I were out at Gordon's enjoying the nice sunny westerlies. We had both recently come in from some nice riding and things were filling in nicely, probably close to 25 kts off t...
by Ned
Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:14 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: 2009 Holiday Website Fundraiser
Replies: 52
Views: 15828

Wow!

Wow that's a pretty awesome total. I'm sure the equally awesome prizes didn't hurt!

I wouldn't have minded that GoPro - good thing I ordered one the other day anyway!

Nice for the site to have cash in the bank - definitely well earned/deserved.

Cheers All
by Ned
Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:31 pm
Topic: I love this...
Replies: 5
Views: 1962

Here's another Ted talk, although more related to kites!

Check it out!
by Ned
Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 am
Topic: Kite video night Friday, Dec. 4,at the Shark Club - Victoria
Replies: 7
Views: 2263

Teabag I hope you bring those old school videos. I want to see some 2 line kites!!
by Ned
Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:31 pm
Topic: HELMETS!!!!!!
Replies: 29
Views: 7351

I have this helmet . I bought it basically when I got serious about kiting (basically at the same time I bought my first kite and board). I find it plenty comfy and it is really customizable for different head shapes, there are inserts for every area of the helmet so you can make certain areas thick...
by Ned
Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:01 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: 2009 Holiday Website Fundraiser
Replies: 52
Views: 15828

Wow, pretty awesome total for this early on folks.

Keep it rolling!
by Ned
Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:42 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 86448

As everyone above has mentioned, this weather link saves me loads of time, fuel, and disappointment for when I am lucky enough to partake in some windsports!
by Ned
Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:56 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Go Pro HD!!!!
Replies: 53
Views: 16318

Was going to buy a cam this summer, but am DEFINITELY waiting for this baby, so cool...
by Ned
Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:27 am
Topic: Gordons parking issues
Replies: 49
Views: 20332

They might easily and in large numbers park in the pullout north of Tugwell and walk through the creek as Marty suggested since the other option is killing their feet/ankles on the beach rocks walking up to the spit....DFO probably has something to say about THAT tho :roll: I always walk through th...
by Ned
Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:29 am
Topic: Board Retrieval / Rescue Questions.
Replies: 4
Views: 1286

I agree with Marty. Sounds like you didn't chicken out, you just realized you probably weren't ready to try riding with an extra board. Recognizing that and not potentially getting in over your head, along with doing what you could by telling others, really is helping! I'd say you've got the right i...
by Ned
Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:28 pm
Topic: LOST BOARD / Gordons beach
Replies: 9
Views: 2041

Glad that worked out for you Ian, and in a hurry!
by Ned
Tue May 19, 2009 5:49 pm
Topic: RIGGING LINES PROPERLY
Replies: 14
Views: 3020

As above, definitely launch with kite towards the water. The wind is often marginal near the beach, and obviously gets worse towards the trees. Considering I've landed there and basically had my kite fall out of the sky bringing it down to the lander, I can't see launching from the same place being ...
by Ned
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:33 pm
Topic: Ventana Bay Resort ??
Replies: 13
Views: 3285

If you are flying to down to LaVentana then consider getting an "Alaska Airlines" Mastercard through MBNA Canada. They give you 20,000 miles to start plus a $50.00 companion ticket once a year. Marion is flying down this Fall for $66.00 (for the taxes) (one way)! With the companion ticket...