Views: 6413

:roll:
by rvanderbyl
Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:48 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: foil curious
Replies: 27
Views: 7490

Mark Vincent designed and built his own foil (of Course!). I saw all the R&D time he put into it...tweaking board position where it mounts to the foil and also the shape of the foil over the last couple of years. Seems with your skills Greg a similar route could be followed if so desired. By the...
by rvanderbyl
Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:15 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Found. Cabrina twintip kiteboard
Replies: 3
Views: 1451

Snappers sister has her board back already Kus. Someone found it and posted it on CL that night.
by rvanderbyl
Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:07 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Van Conversion
Replies: 18
Views: 3621

I've always used 5/8 in most of my conversions but 1/2 could work depending if it's supported well enough. 3/4 seems a bit overkill. I've always wanted to do a more streamlined 1" or 1 1/4" square tub aluminum frame system that could easily slide out of the van when not needed even if it m...
by rvanderbyl
Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:55 am
Topic: Hot new Swedish freestyle windsurf video from Bonaire 2016!
Replies: 2
Views: 1230

Love it Eric! Thanks for sharing. Very stoke inducing...even for an oldschool sailor like myself!
by rvanderbyl
Tue May 24, 2016 9:16 pm
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 121222

I've owned 3 propane powered vans 2 of which I camperized myself. I just liked the fact I could have a designated fuel tank and one for the RV appliances. I always had the RV tank fitted with a line to equalize into the main fuel tank when the main tank ran out. Driving to La Ventana with both these...
by rvanderbyl
Sat May 21, 2016 10:40 pm
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 121222

I've always liked Propane powered vans and this one looks pretty nice! http://www.usednanaimo.com/classified-a ... V_27426173
by rvanderbyl
Sun May 15, 2016 5:19 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Newbie intro
Replies: 37
Views: 14963

My two bits worth on the subject....My son was 3 weeks for his first camping trip just over 9 years ago. You definitely want your kids to grow up seeing you windsurf or kite or whatever you do. This will then be percieved as normal activity for parental units. Having a baby at the lake does not mean...
by rvanderbyl
Sun May 15, 2016 11:51 am
Topic: Tires for Nitinat
Replies: 31
Views: 7825

Got the Michelin LTX Tires for our one ton Campervan over 6 years ago. Tires were awesome and only one flat on Nitnat road after a lot of trips out there. Sadly it was the one time Sharon drove out there without me...haha. But it was only a slow leak so at least she made it into camp. Just bought th...
by rvanderbyl
Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:48 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Newbie intro
Replies: 37
Views: 14963

My Thule roof box comfortably fits 3 sails and 2 booms but before that sails and booms were inside. Not sure about using steel rectangular material for roof racks onless it's coated with something like a set of Thule bars would be.
by rvanderbyl
Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:45 pm
Topic: Buying Sprinter Van and ideas for racking system
Replies: 143
Views: 44189

Have to agree with Marcus on this too. (I think I agreed with him on something else once before) Nothing nicer then showers and having everything you need when traveling and doing your sports. Back of a van will just end up being a shit show to store gear with no room for you to camp or whatever. St...
by rvanderbyl
Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:58 pm

You're like the first kid among your friends to try pot. Now everyone needs to try it! :lol:
by rvanderbyl
Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Back in the early 1990s I had an 81 ford Van. I found a similar van in the junk yard with a white fibreglass raised roof, windows, lighting and carpeted. Made a deal for a hundred bucks. Easy to lift off once you remove all the screws. The fun part was cutting the roof off my van with a skil saw the...
by rvanderbyl
Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:13 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: El Nino / La nina / Neutral
Replies: 239
Views: 89491

Well Don't bother then. I thought that maybe JL or some one else could sum it up with a few words like "wow we're gonna get a lot more NW wind in Georgia strait this summer" after they read the current posts. Would be interesting to know just how many people actually do read this stuff. If...