Search found 225 matches

by eastside
Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:17 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tri-fin Conversion
Replies: 70
Views: 23309

I put 1.8 on my conversion of the SB Evil twin into a quad. I also added a centre US box. This was about 3-4 years ago I can't say whether the toe in helped as I didn't have a no toe in option to compare it with.1.8 seemed to be the consensus on the Boards Forum at the time. The whole conversion wor...
by eastside
Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:16 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Port Alberni kiteboarding ban
Replies: 53
Views: 16072

Knee jerk reaction. Why not work with the kiting community? I guess "they" hope the kiters and other water users go away and bring back some more heavy industry. The future of Port Alberni is to keep some of the industry but open up the area to recreation. Whatever they have been doing for...
by eastside
Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:32 am
Topic: Tofino thursday
Replies: 14
Views: 4836

Big cajones Red Baron. Unfortunately "traumatizing" doesn't sound like much fun. You did return unscathed, though the Fokker biplane may have a few holes in it.
by eastside
Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:14 am

S. Chestermans looks big, dumping and messy on the webcam. And I wouldn't want to end up in Cox Bay. :shock: Happy to be couch surfing right now.
by eastside
Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:24 pm

Don't know til you go. Thanks for the info Baron. Maybe SW on Sunday at S. Chestermans?
by eastside
Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:57 pm
Topic: Sat. At CB-G helmet
Replies: 12
Views: 3887

Filming? Isn't that a cop out Gwindin Tarantino. "C Beach Dogs" could go viral though. It will likely be over my wind threshold for forward looping, I'm sorry to say. Maybe I could try a back loop. My whip lash is better from my spring loop mania though. And a pre Christmas ambulance atten...
by eastside
Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:32 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: School me on wave SUPs
Replies: 42
Views: 8367

That's his inner longboarder.
by eastside
Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:52 pm
Topic: School me on wave SUPs
Replies: 42
Views: 8367

As a counterpoint to the going small contingent, I'd say be careful going too small too fast, especially if you are older, bigger, balanced challenged, no surf background etc. Falling off all the time is no fun and if you can't stand up you can't catch a wave. And if you don't catch a wave you don't...
by eastside
Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:36 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Vancouver Island Storm Chase
Replies: 59
Views: 30468

Vancouver Island Storm Chase

The wind coming into S. Chestermans was solid the other day but very on shore. The waves picked up with the wind too and were not as messy as Long Beach. There is usually a lot of surfers at the south end of the beach which is a problem. I did have a good SUP sail at the north end of N . Chestermans...
by eastside
Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:34 am
Topic: Freestyle Lessons
Replies: 21
Views: 6191

abkboardsports.com Gorge, Rio Vista, Hatteras, etc. I'd be in for it. The freestyle boards plane up fast, in less wind, and are easier to pop. The trade offs are they are not smooth jibers and they ride a little rough in chop. Thanks for the offer Windoctor. I need some shuvit tips and plan on worki...
by eastside
Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:04 pm
Topic: Which SUP - Quatro 10’4” (155 l) or RRD WASSUP 10’ (150 l)?
Views: 11435

I have the Starboard Wide Point 7'8" x 32 120 L. More of a fish tail, like the Allwave. Lots of stability and very skatey. Handles head high waves. No glide is the downside so it will paddle slower and get you into waves later. Cool board. I hope you post a review.
by eastside
Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:03 pm
Topic: KA Sail - Euro order
Replies: 9
Views: 2432

That's kind of depressing Kus. Maybe just a well earned retirement to spend all that money they made selling gear! If you are putzng around on your 10 year old gear, maybe it is time to buy some new stuff and head to the Coast. It is way better. Like fat skiis. You can ride a bigger multifin board w...
by eastside
Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:18 pm
Topic: Board Construction
Replies: 16
Views: 4452

Red Baron can attest to that. Starboard has a video on the different constructions. Which says what Windoc posted. I have not noticed them being more fragile.
by eastside
Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:21 pm
Topic: Which SUP - Quatro 10’4” (155 l) or RRD WASSUP 10’ (150 l)?
Views: 11435

I cut my wave paddle down to 3 in or so overhead a year or so ago. As the handle just loosened itself I was thinking of going shorter again to head high. Accelerates faster and gets you forward to catch the wave and it is way easier to use the paddle for cutbacks etc if it is shorter. It is hard to ...
by eastside
Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:38 am
Topic: Windsurfing Wave SUP's -
Replies: 34
Views: 11389

Searching for the Holy Rail: My history: Used to be 170 lb 2 weeks ago :roll: First SUP was the 9" 8" Extremist 2008. Around 150 litres. Easy to paddle and pick up waves but not that responsive, based on size. Don't think I ever got this board planing. Then I bought the 10'6 Kona carbon mo...