3rd Annual New Years Day Sail and Sip

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

3rd Annual New Years Day Sail and Sip

Post by Bobson »

What are the chances of getting together on New Years day for the 3rd Annual Sail and Sip..?? Year 1(05) was good times at IV. Year 2(06) was crazy conditions at IV and Willows. Year 3(07) any place with wind and people...??

We have a few MoHo's in the collection now. Also AC's trailer possibly..??
Anyone want to start with organizing..?? Food, Drinks, People..??

Even just getting the word out there so people are thinking about it. It's gotta be better than jumping in Elk Lake :shock: !!
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
JL

Post by JL »

Sorry ... I'm working...
Thermals are good.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I could probably have my rubber arm twisted and join the fun.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
PhDewd

Post by PhDewd »

Bobson - I think you should do it in Cowichan Bay and convince Chris to open up for a big party with a couple rental hot-tubs. I'd be in, but after '06 at Willows I'll think of you while in Tobago (air 33, water 29, wind usually 5.2-6.0, waves - mmmm!! Golf - good, rum punch, best! :D )
Tobago in December! Yesss!
JL

Post by JL »

Living large PHDewd !!!Image
Thermals are good.
windwoman

Post by windwoman »

It was a lot of fun last year and I'd be happy to do the same this New Years. So..... the ChiliWagon will be there ......wherever that turns out to be. It would be nice if we could all coordinate at one spot this year. We had about thirty people turn up at Willows for the '06 event and quite a few brave sailors that actually challenged the extreme conditions. It will be interesting to see what Mother Nature throws at us this year!!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I'm in if we get 15+ knots and warmer than -2 temps

The winds will probably dictate the venue tho I think if it comes down again to Willows, IV or Clover on the SE, we should reconvene at Willows for sake of getting newbies included. Appreciate this is not a great place to kite it seems the kiters have pretty much packed things in for New Years anyway, no? I suppose if a lot of kiters wanted to join in IV is the better spot for them :D

Anyhow, Willows is the place that is easier for folks to get out in, more central and has a cozier parking/rigging area with safe bay sailing (if at times a bit boring for those waveheads).

If there's nothing down south, CB could be a bit of a trek but the WindKusschine will be ready. I'll be good for a couple hot showers :twisted: , cold beers, hot chocolate, buns & cold cuts, veggies & dip, chips & pop :P
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Venue??

Post by KUS »

Soooo, two days and we have a reasonable forecast :!:
Not enough for Willows but IV might be doable with big gear and mid-size kites if the model's on. I will be at IV with the Windkusschine (which needs a real name like Wilma Wind Wagon or something :lol: , one beer for each good suggestion)

I will be there around 9 but have to leave ~noon cuz I have family visiting so will be aiming to sail early :twisted: (hopefully, sold my big gear :roll: )

My contribution: a couple hot showers (if you finish early like me), cold beers, hot chocolate, buns & cold cuts, veggies & dip, chips & pop :D
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
windwoman

Windwoman

Post by windwoman »

We'll load up the Chiliwagon for Monday and hope for at least a little wind!
Be great to see everyone even if it's for a cup of coffee and a piece of pie. If the forecast changes ...... we're flexible to any location. See you there!!!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Whereever, whenever. Will be pleased to drink rum (with appropriate wait before driving!) if no wind.

Bobson, Bert Vermaskari from Cedar (now) has been here several times and picked up a puppy from us today. He is an old rugby dude (Toronto, Vancouver, and Island I think, with stops at rugby clubs in Calgary etc) and speaks highly of your skills and rugby exploits!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

The forecast looks great! I may have to attend the 1st annual Columbia Beach Sail and Sip with the mid island crew. One of these times I'll make the South Island event, but the lure of CB might be too strong for me tomorrow :oops:

Have fun everyone and Happy New Year!!
dave
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

New Years sip and dip

Post by Bobson »

I'm in for a sail and sip. I am working till 4am :( but as soon as I wake up I'll head to the wind.....I don't have a computer at home right now so I'll call and find out wassappenin' :idea:
IV looks like the place per the most recent 4-cast so I'll be there if it's windy. I'll bring my new sport speedo that I got for xmas!! :shock:

Lovin' the Chilli!! :P

Bert must not know me that well if he's speaking highly of my rugby....cause I suck!! :roll:

It'll be nice sailing again....it's been a looooooong time! See ya's all 2-morrow hopefully!! :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
JL

Post by JL »

I hope to make I-View ~ 3:30 for a Sunset cruise.
Thermals are good.
Windsurfish

CB Sail & Sip....

Post by Windsurfish »

Hi All - It looks windy for CB tomorrow. YAY!!!!! I thought I would be unable to sail, but I think that it looks like we'll be heading to CB after all. See you there in 2007 - > hope it's as good as 2006!!!!
TURTLE

Sail and Sip

Post by TURTLE »

Love to see you all. I just had eye surgery so --no contacts anymore!!

I still have 20 days of healing left so this year is off for us

Also I managed to catch a cold (this has happened to me a few times now) right after my anti-biotics finished.

This year is reduced to a warm New Years on the couch.

Look forward to windsurfing soon!

Ian
PS - miss your chilli Pat and Rick!!