MM5 Model

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

Kook St. Kite Kook

MM5 Model

Post by Kook St. Kite Kook »

Hey Dave,

Thanks once again from an appreciative kiter for all the work you've done on this site - it is invaluable!

I was looking at the MM5 GFS 4km Model on the link page today (it updates twice a day) and I noticed something interesting I had never noticed before. It is the "Subdomain Surface (10m) Wind Speed". This is like a close up of the regular surface wind speed which you have incorporated into the forecast page.

Do you think people would prefer this model, as it gives an easier read of Sherringham, Dallas Rd. and IV, or do you think the one you currently have works better since it incorporates up island?

I know that I will be using this one for days like Monday - the MM5 seemed to get that one right, while most of us optomists were waiting on the beach!

Cheers!
adam

UBC's weather ensemble

Post by adam »

Hey kite Kook and everybody else,

Hers is a link to UBC's weather model ensemble. http://weather.eos.ubc.ca/wxfcst/

Click on the 4km grid, I usually check the MC2 model, but they also have an MM5 model - the same as washington's?? - then choose colored surface winds and convergence, and your desired forecast time. It gives a wicked map of VI with good detail over the whole island. This forecast seems to be typically on the light side, but gives a good idea if something is in the works... Enjoy!
Kook St. Kite Kook

MM2

Thanks Adam - Those are some interesting models. The MM5 is different from the US one. I especially like that MM2. Will have to watch and see which is most accurate!

See you at the beach.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Thanks

Post by bwd »

Thanks guys - some good links there. I'm hoping to add them to the forecast page soon. So much to do right now - I'm trying to organize a new cam and also doing a bit of a webpage redesign too. Stupid job takes up all my time during the day!
dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: Thanks

Post by bwd »

bigwavedave wrote:Thanks guys - some good links there. I'm hoping to add them to the forecast page soon. So much to do right now ...
Oh just so you know I really do appreciate the feedback and suggestions you have. The MM5 detailed view and the MC2 links are great!

So keep the links and suggestions coming!
thanks
dave
Last edited by bwd on Mon May 17, 2004 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kook St. Kite Kook

Website Feedback

Dave,

Excellent choice on the MM5, that is so cool that you can just click the box for subdomain or not!

Thanks for tuning this site for maximum ease of use and convenience!

Cheers,

Paul
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: Website Feedback

Post by bwd »

Kook St. Kite Kook wrote:Dave, Excellent choice on the MM5...
Hey Paul - thanks again for the feedback. That subdomain is great and it sure nailed the Gordons wind in the last week. That and JL's forecast is all we need now.