The Complete Kiteboarding Guide DVD

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
~ pimp hand ~

The Complete Kiteboarding Guide DVD

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

in case anyone is interested this has just been up'd at demonoid ... here's the link http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1121021 don't forget to seed when it's done
jlaffin

Post by jlaffin »

Can these files be burned directly to DVD so it can play in a DVD player? It's bigger than one DVD so can it be split over two? Thanks.

Julian
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

thanks for posting. it says there is one seeder, but I have been downloading for an hour, and so far there is none. If anyone has it, please re-seed!
:D
Vive et Ama
WindePendanT

Post by WindePendanT »

Thanks Mr. Hand
I've been looking for torrents of kite movies for a couple years now.
8)
JL

Post by JL »

Thank you...I'm on it.
Thermals are good.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

you're welcome all
jlaffin wrote:Can these files be burned directly to DVD so it can play in a DVD player? It's bigger than one DVD so can it be split over two?
yes they are regular vob files ready to burn onto dual layer media or you could use DVD Shrink[free] and take out the stuff you don't want and compress it to fit a regular dvd
WindePendanT wrote:Thanks Mr. Hand
I've been looking for torrents of kite movies for a couple years now.
8)
i know what you mean windependant, not a whole lot out there for kite or windsurf dvd's ... there is a copy of 13 Daze i put up[thanks to dwayne] here http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1071310/1756544/ as well, but i'm assuming most have that already
Kite Kook wrote:thanks for posting. it says there is one seeder, but I have been downloading for an hour, and so far there is none.
kk, there is only one seeder because it's a new torrent and hasn't been completed by anyone yet .. looks like most who are on it are at about 37% right now ... gonna have to be patient with this one as it is a 7.37Gb 4 hour long dvd, which i don't mind because i'm a big fan of full/uncompressed dvd's .. i'm a quality snob
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

ok, so what is demonid? is that like a torrent sharing thing, I noticed I had to log in, etc etc. I have heard about torrents being file sharing, but could some info and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

dale, demonoid is a torrent tracking site where you find torrents .. there are other sites out there like thepiratebay.org, isohunt.com, etc. but i prefer demonoid .. the only thing with demonoid is they only open registrations periodically and you need to be registered to get access to ALL files .. the FAQ's page will answer all your questions tho http://www.demonoid.com/faq.php

uTorrent is the client[free] you use to manage your torrents and they have a FAQ page that will answer all your questions http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php

if you're really desperate, pm me and i can give you a demonoid activation code
JL

Post by JL »

& next time you buy a dvd player find one that plays 'Div X'. :P ($59.95 @ London Drugs this week !!!)
Thermals are good.
JL

Post by JL »

Joe suggests trying your manufacturers site for a 'firm ware' update to your current dvd player if it doesn't already play 'Div X'...I'm @ 42.7% on the kiteboard guide d-load (3.16 Gb) & it's sputtering. Thanks for the utorrent link 'PiMp HaNd' they provide lots of great tutorials: http://portforward.com/ for example !!!
Thermals are good.
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Hey PH, any suggestions for this situation?:

Last night my download speed slowed to a crawl, 1-2 KB/s, now I am at 44% and it is zero, while I am still uploading at 65.

Cheers,

Paul
Vive et Ama
Bradak

Post by Bradak »

I"m currently at 44.2%, been there a long time. Download is at 0kb/s and uploading at 30kb/s. I'll will keep mine running for the week.

~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

ok, now i'm starting to have my doubts about this seed .. i just noticed when browsing the uploader's profile, this is basically his first torrent .. let's hope he sticks around to finnish it and uploads faster than 1kb ... i would pause the torrent and check it in a few days .. it's pretty rare for someone to abandond a torrent, but we'll see

in the meantime i did find a healthy rip of the dvd here: http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/79670 ... Eng_jj_avi for those who want it fast it's only 999MB
JL

Post by JL »

Thanks Rob. I bailed on the 42% deal.
Thermals are good.
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Thanks PH, I need it for a buddy who is learing and I am taking off this week, so I will DL the .avi.

Cheers
Vive et Ama