Nitinaht Recreational Park Announcement

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
NVC

Nitinaht Recreational Park Announcement

Post by NVC »

May 10, 2007

At this time the park is still Officially closed and no access permitted. The Park is tentatively scheduled to open on May 19th 2007 provided the contractors involved in the removal of harvested timber, danger tree pruning /falling as well as site clean up is completed. Any questions or concerns can be directed to the Nitinaht Visitor Center (NVC), made attention to Judi Thomas via email.

The Nitinaht Visitor Center is managing the Nitinaht Forest Recreation site, Knob Point and Flora campsites for the 2007 season.

Thank you for your patience as we ready the campgrounds for a great year ahead.
Nitinaht Rec Site Management 2007
UnusuallyLargeRobin

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

Here's the latest (Wed May 16) news from Nitinaht (Judy Thomas - NVC), sounds like it will be open for this weekend!

" There are two remaining danger tree / limbing that only a helicopter can access. We are working closely with Hayes and the Ministry to get them removed before the long weekend. Worst case scenario – if Hayes can’t do the work in the next couple of days, we open up the campsite and ribbon off the area of the two remaining danger trees if the Ministry approves. Cheers to a good season!

Jude "
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Nitinat

Post by Bobson »

YAHOOO!!! :D :D :D
Sounds GREAT - Thanks for the update ULR.

I'm headed up Sunday for the night if the weather clears up enough. I can possibly carpool if someone wants to share gas.
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
UnusuallyLargeRobin

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

what to expect in the "new" campsite! Kus's site photos
TURTLE

I am also thinking about a Nitnat visit

Post by TURTLE »

If the weather is good I might be interested in a car pool for Monday morning if there is wind.
NVC

Post by NVC »

Friday May 18th, 2007

The campground at this time is still closed as there are two trees that still pose serious threat to campers due to damaged limbs and tops. However, on Saturday May 19th these trees should be dealt with and the campground given the go ahead to open. Should this be the case, Visitors will be welcome in the park after 4pm tommorow, Saturday May 19th. There is still considerable debris to be picked up, so assistance in the clean up would be welcomed, either come to the store or find Judi or I in the campground. If the campgound is indeed open, please pick up your camping permit at the store before heading into the campground.

Thank you for you patience,

DVC
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Probably won't get much of a turnout, Dale&Judy, with the weather forecast. I've cancelled my plan for the weekend :cry:

I do hope the fees will be waived for those contributing sweat equity the first couple of weeks?
NVC

Post by NVC »

May 20, 2007

The campground is officially open. Camping permits are still $10.00 per night ($5.00 for seniors) and are available at the store.

Thank you.

NVC Staff
TURTLE

Nitnat Camping pass

Post by TURTLE »

Is there some kind of deal for a season's pass on the camp ground?
NVC

Post by NVC »

Unfortunately No, there is no season pass available.

NVC
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

This weekend, including Nuclear Monday and Tuesday Nat's looking goooooood!!! :P (so far :roll: )
I may kite Sun/Mon, anyone with a.....zodiac or jetski :?: going up :lol:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Tedz

Post by Tedz »

Pondering on going up for the weekend might bring my little Aluminium boat and motor try some kiting there too,see what happens,would be fun