nice clip from redbull

Post links to cool kiteboarding or windsurfing sites with photos, videos or technique.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

nice clip from redbull

Post by downwind dave »

more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Nice clip. That'll be me on my new Evo (I wish!) Is your computer or BWD's on daylight savings time still ? :wink: Must be Dave's, it logged mine an hour ahead too.
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Windsurfing has come along way. I see tons of "pop" in those jumps a lots of hang time - I guess it must have been 30 knots or more.

That very last jump where he is going downwind before jumping then stops travelling in mid air then lands on the new tack and looks like he could've sailed away from it. That is amazing if true. In kiting we call that an aerial transition.

I see kitesurfing influence for sure in there.
Signature Block.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Hey Mattdog,

The last jump was a just a high, slightly under rotated backloop landed far downwind, unless I'm missing something. I don't see the kite influence there. He'll continue on his way out without any transition. A cool aerial transition is the "dark flip" where the sailor flips the sail at the apex of the backloop and sails off on the opposite tack. Or a "T-bone"; a switch stance forward loop landed on the new tack.
Poultry in motion
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

I watched it again. he seems to only rotate about 220 degrees. Do you think its just an under rotation and he eats it then ? It looks like it'd be impossible to continue on the original tack with only 220 change in direction ...
Signature Block.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

He probably ate it, but it was close if not a claimed backie!
Poultry in motion
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i like this video because it looks like winter with all the hoods and grey sky/water.. nice change from the typical maui shows. The last two jumps, the huge stalled fwd and the back loop are quite nice!
I think you can claim a back loop as long as you get your clew through the eye of the wind you can round up the board to finish it like a upwind 360. but i really wouldnt know.
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

kinda silly I forgot that he would have to get himself on the other side of the sail in order to go on the new tack if it were a transition.

That's a huge diff in kitesurfing, no sail to get your body around plus a bidirectional board makes this stuff child's play.

windsurfing too hard for me :)
Signature Block.