BWD CALENDAR Fund Raiser

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

BWD CALENDAR Fund Raiser

Post by KUS »

To all photographers: I like the annual calendar thing, best photos of 2009 for a 2010 calendar, maybe a kiter and WSer shot each month, alternating in main shot and smaller "calendar days page" shot, also illustrating where the shot was taken, who the object(s) were and its significance.

I am willing to take this on to provide by New Years. Pls forward your favorite extreme condition, best photo, coolest move, nicest/best wetsuit looking person or pet, etc. to me at

Pls limit your submission to:
=two shots per person,
=not all shots during the summer :roll: as they need to be in tune with the season
=consent for photo to be used freely for this purpose
=and no whining about the selections, just buy the calendar.

Will pick a group to decide the best ones and to go with the time of year. I will have it made up by a good friend who does this for a living. Will find out more later.. :twisted: If anyone has electronic production facilities or ideas, pls let me know. I have some contacts in town and this should not pose a problem. Cheers. :idea:
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

what a great idea. i grant you free access to any of the quality pics i have submitted to BWD over the year.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

xx
Last edited by KUS on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JL

Post by JL »

Great project Kus ... Thanks. 8)
Thermals are good.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

xx
Last edited by KUS on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy Beach

calendar FUN raiser

Post by Sandy Beach »

Awesome idea for a fundraiser for the site, Kus! A creative way to raise more money for another webcam on the island, and hence another spot to windsurf/kite.

Good idea, (if there's not enough submissions) to utilize some of the 'best of' photos of the week, with some wind tips on rigging, etc. on the various months.

I'll try to convince windsurf247 to oil up his body and I'll piggyback him, while I'm trying to stay upwind with my kite...tropical waters may be a better venue for that though, so, not likely gonna happen anytime soon.
Wetsuits (with boardshorts) can be pretty appealing too.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
ogopogo

the calendar

Post by ogopogo »

you only want 2 pictures? wow, that's a tough choice.
let me know if you ever do a Fireman's type calendar.
I have some gorgeous head shots of just about everybody including the ladies.
bean

Post by bean »

Can I submit two of 4Js pictures as my own :wink:
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

xx
Last edited by KUS on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

It would be nice if there was a picture showing the "scissors" trick for the kite surfing ones, I could help you with the editing.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

I have a couple I can send your way Kus from Summer and Winter. I'll look tonight on my other computer for them. For that matter we could always do a full year's worth of stupid pictures of me. BWD has a couple of real nice ones.

As an aside, I think photographers like 4J should be able to provide more than just 2 photos. I know you are probably doing the 2 photos to allow everyone a chance, but to me the calendar should look as professional as possible. I really am not that keen on having a calendar with pictures that look like they are of someone's family around the camp fire. Shots of people coming out of the water and groups shots of people around a campfire with beer is not something I am going to be buying. Nicely composed, well light shots of people in our BWD community actually windsurfing and kiting is what I am looking for.

I am not trying to derail anything here or make the job that you volunteered for a total pain. I just thought you would like some input from an interested party. I would be willing to help you out in the photo selection and layout. I also have quite a bit of experience with photoshop and could help make any tweaks required...they all do!
Give'R
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

TheLaw wrote:... I think photographers like 4J should be able to provide more than just 2 photos. I know you are probably doing the 2 photos to allow everyone a chance, but to me the calendar should look as professional as possible. I really am not that keen on having a calendar with pictures that look like they are of someone's family around the camp fire. Shots of people coming out of the water and groups shots of people around a campfire with beer is not something I am going to be buying. Nicely composed, well light shots of people in our BWD community actually windsurfing and kiting is what I am looking for...
Agreed, and excellent fundraiser idea, Kus!
Poultry in motion
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

TheLaw wrote:I have a couple I can send your way Kus from Summer and Winter. .... photographers like 4J should be able to provide more than just 2 photos. .... not that keen on having a calendar with pictures that look like they are of someone's family around the camp fire. ....not something I am going to be buying. Nicely composed, well light shots of people in our BWD community actually windsurfing and kiting is what I am looking for.
I am not trying to derail anything here or make the job that you volunteered for a total pain. .....willing to help you out in the photo selection and layout
-Thanks, great
-This has been raised by a few, done as 4Jskill is really something else, he can submit 3 :shock:
-No? Too bad
-That WAS the idea :D but there are shots which i can insert as additiional smaller ones that would capture some very cool moments at sailing sites too
-But....u ARE :evil: 8)
-Help is appreciated, I don't think its that hard but selection committee, I now have two WS volunteers, 1 kiter (well, actually she's both), you buy the first round :wink:
JL

Post by JL »

As well as the 'Top Rated' from the forum : http://www.bigwavedave.ca/gallery/thumb ... ated&cat=0
Thermals are good.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Ya...I think I take back my suggestions and offer.
Give'R