GoPro Cam f/w updates available

Post links to cool kiteboarding or windsurfing sites with photos, videos or technique.
TheLaw

GoPro Cam f/w updates available

Post by TheLaw »

I saw this on a mtb website and thought some of you GoProers might benefit.

http://pointofviewcameras.com/blog/pov/ ... ilable-now
Give'R
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

Thanks! I'm gonna look into it. I like the idea of using larger cards, although you'd have to use lithium batteries to take advantage of them.
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

I did this upgrade a short time ago. I don't really notice any improvement in bright conditions, but I never had a problem with poor exposure in the first place (except in dark conditions).

I've also now been doing some experiments with a 4GB data card. Surprisingly I can fill the whole card with video without replacing the NiMH batteries! That works out to about 1hr 52min of continuous footage! Note that this was using freshly charged Sanyo Eneloop NiMH batteries at room temperature (my house = 17 deg C). I'll do some more experiments at cooler temperatures to see how much shorter battery life is. It is nice to know that I may not have to use lithiums to get long videos.

I've also been experimenting with time lapse video using frames captured using the "photo every 2 seconds" feature. This works surprisingly well! And the resolution is pretty good, since each frame is 5MP. The batteries do quit before the card is full using this setting, usually around 2 hours.

I'm still experimenting...will post any new and interesting findings.