Where did everyone go ?

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
wind_dummy

Where did everyone go ?

Post by wind_dummy »

last couple windy days , havn't seen anyone around at all

of course, not enough for my stuff ... but i know there's peeps out there with 5.5's and floaty boards
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Bobson »

Hey WD, not that I'm out all the time anyways....but....I'm buying a '99 Starboard Go this weekend so I'll be out anytime there is even a breath of wind out there.......How's that..??
Chicken Loop

Re: Where did everyone go ?

Post by Chicken Loop »

wind_dummy wrote:last couple windy days , havn't seen anyone around at all

of course, not enough for my stuff ... but i know there's peeps out there with 5.5's and floaty boards
Been too busy chasing fluky wind in the Gorge! Glad to hear Gordon's has been puttin' it on for us this late in the season. Here's to a windy fall and winter.

Maybe Ditidaht this weekend? Last chance to huck a flat water forward in warm water this summer! (This means you BWD!!!)
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

Bobson wrote:Hey WD, not that I'm out all the time anyways....but....I'm buying a '99 Starboard Go this weekend so I'll be out anytime there is even a breath of wind out there.......How's that..??
yo bobson,

a 99 starboard? ... i'm jealous!

looks like you may have no choice but to sail out here with the backcountry_travel_restriction takeing affect today @ noon

still unclear if the ban affects nitinat though.

sorry to hear about the fluky winds in the gorge chicken_loop, maybe we'll all get some good wind around these parts this weekend.... BIG fogbank today!

hopefully seeya at beach peeps!
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

when i left the house it looked marginal, but when i got down there it looked much better (all the wind was down low on the water and in the fog) . . . . was tricky getting off the beach, but once i got to the edge of fog it was comfortable 4.7 and seem to slowly get stronger . . . . the waves on the outside were buttery_smooth . . . . only me and the doctor out untill he left, then i was all by myself . . . . kinda spooky in tha fog.
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

saturday rocked at tugwell ... was off the hook on the outside!

thanks to rocdoc for forgetting his small stuff

looks like it was sailable at cook st. as well, judging by the archives

later