STOLEN GEAR!!

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Stolen Gear.

Post by Bobson »

Hey Adam, my name is Bobson(sorta) and I've got some friends with badges and guns. I'll talk to them and see what they suggest and if they've got any leads as to possible suspects that do these types of crimes in this neighbourhood. At least it might lead to some possible suspects. I'm off to Nitnat this aft. but I'll email them before I go to get the ball rolling. :arrow:

I'm sure as the word gets out, it will at least show up somewhere or if there's a reward someone will know it's whereabouts. Anytime someone thinks they can make a buck they'll make a mistake and we'll get em! :twisted:

Positive thinking! :D
adam

Post by adam »

aww, you guys are great! thanks for all the concern and suggestions, and to grant for hookin me up with a board and bar/lines so i dont have to miss any action. hopefully itll turn up eventually, but...
DARWIN

STOLEN EQUIPMENT

Post by DARWIN »

ADAM, ALSO CONTACT THE SECOND HAND STORES IN TOWN AS THEY DON'T REQUIRE ID WHEN BUYING ITEMS. THE PAWN SHOPS WILL ASK FOR PICTURE ID BEFORE THEY WOULD BUY THE EQUIPMENT. THIEVE RARELY USE PAWN SHOPS KNOW AS THER IS VIDEO TAKEN OF ALL "CLIENTS AND KEPT FOR A MONTH OR SO.
IF YOU DONT ALREADY KNOW, WE HAVE A VICTORIA COP IN OUR KITING COMMUNITY AND YOUR INFO. WILL BE PASSED ON. GOOD LUCK.
P.S. I HOPE WE SEE THE CHUMP SETTING UP AT DALLAS !!!!!!!!
adam

Post by adam »

Yehaw!! The VIctoria police just raided someones house and my kiteboard and bar/lines were in there!! The kite is still missing, but at least i got some stuff back.... FYI - i bought the exact same kite (OR 16m, gold/grey/black) from paul, so if you see it flyin, feel free to try to 'apprehend' me, or some other stupid #$@!*$ that is tryin to fly it if its not me! Thanks. Off to Nitinat for the week...
Kook St. Kite Kook

stolen gear

Post by Kook St. Kite Kook »

Kudos to those Victoria Koppers!
ger

Post by ger »

Yayyyy that's great news. I am sure the coppers will use "their" persuasive powers to find out where your kite might be.
ehh hmmm "Johnson hand me that thin phone book" :)
Kite Kook

Our gear stolen...

Post by Kite Kook »

Hey Adam:

Any word on where that house raid was? Our bikes were stolen from our apartment building this weekend. They are uninsured....

We are serioulsly bummed out. Want to go knock on the doors of any "chop shops" if anyone out there has any suggestions...

Paul and Sandra
Vive et Ama
asscrack

stolen bikes

Post by asscrack »

Hey Paul,Sorry to hear about your bikes bieng stolen.what a drag.I think that, the house where the gear was recovered,was on speed street. It runs off of Douglas beside Kentucky fried chicken.Short dead end street,been lots of problems there.Drug dealing,and such.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
Kite Kook

stolen bikes

Post by Kite Kook »

Thanks JR. Anyone know where the "chop shop" is that the Victoria Councilor recovered his bike from? I remember reading a few weeks back about this guy getting his bike ripped off in Fernwood, and being directed to a house where he found the bike!

We will be hitting the streets tomorrow to spend the day at Bike shops and pawn shops. If anyone sees a shiny looking Devinci Amsterdam (or 2!) being ridden or flogged by some shady person, let us know!

ciao.
Vive et Ama
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

You know I would like to think of myself as a fairly easy goin guy, but these theives need some serious concequences for their actions. Adams gear, your bikes, my money and id, and then later my waterglasses (and a broken window), I figure, if you can prove it was them undeniably they should loose a thumb for stealing and a fricken bar code across their head!
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!