Nitinat August 14/15

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Swissmatt

Nitinat August 14/15

Post by Swissmatt »

Mornin .. rookie goes to Nitinat :shock:

anyone any ideas about wind conditions for the weekend? Any other rookies out there? Interested in buddying up :wink: ?

See you at the lake!
Mathis
* Just do it!*
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Well no worries bout buddying up, lots of people just learnin, oh hang on that is me too!! As for the weather, it should go off if it doesn't rain, which is not in the forecast, soo hang on have fun and be safe!!!
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Nitnat this weekend

Post by Bobson »

Hey Mathis, I'm considering going to Nitnat this weekend. I'll probably get up there Friday evening or Sat. morning. The forcast(I believe) is for Sunny and warm so it should probably blow 15-25 knots from Noon till 5pm at the very least. Water is salty and warm. Shorty for most is fine. There is a store 5 min drive from the campsite itself with most basic foods you need, ice and a little coffee shop too if you're lazy. Also a small motel beside the store if needed as well. Campsite has nothing except good ol' Momma nature and outhouses. Everything you take in needs to be taken out. It's approx. 45 kms past Youbou on logging roads that aren't too bad to drive on with good tires. Bring your own fresh water for drinking and cooking. Anything else...?? I'll be the large, ugly man with a Red Ford Escape(SUV) that says 'Hi, my name is Bobson'. :D

I'm not a real rookie but am willing to give any help I can. I would say Nitnat is the best place to learn as if you really suck you just end up down the beach having to walk your gear back and there is pretty much guaranteed wind everyday that it doesn't rain.

How's that...did I miss anything..?? :?:
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

bobson, you have sooo much stoke ... you are THE ambassodor of the sport ! [smilie=beer.gif] ... promise me you'll never start surfing :wink:
Swissmatt

thanks ..

Post by Swissmatt »

a lot guys .. great info ..

I have actually done my course at Nitinat with Chris .. coming up this WE for the first time w/o 'help' ..

I'll come by to say hi ..

anyone has a boardleash I could borrow??

Mathis
* Just do it!*