SMART METERS

A place to discuss anything non-weather and non-wind/kitesurf related. Generally unmoderated, but rules are enforced on occasion => you can get suspended or kicked out and messages can get deleted.

Do YOU want a 'SMART METER' installed @ your home ?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:29 am

Yes I want the gov't tracking my electrical use & am not concerned about electrical radiation
57%
No I like to manage my own electrical use & have enough radiation in my home
43%

Total votes: 7

JL

SMART METERS

Post by JL »

HYDRO 'SMART' METER PROTEST: http://youtu.be/8JNFr_j6kdI The dark side of smart meters: http://youtu.be/FLeCTaSG2-U :shock:
Thermals are good.
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

I watched the second video. He is wrong about Van der Waals "bonds" being the major force during the formation of DNA. Duplex DNA is held together by hydrogen bonding. There are some weaker base stacking interactions but, as far as I know, low power radio waves do not affect them.
I wish my TOW was longer!
windsurf247

Post by windsurf247 »

hhhmmm. 2 out of 4 people want a smart meter? What do they perceive the advantage to be? :?
eastside

Post by eastside »

Better turn off your computer because Google, Apple, Facebook, Visa and any hacker knows way more about you than the power company ever will.

I think the power company makes an easy target for general uneasiness about privacy and modern life in general. Just what are all those electrical currents doing to me? But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Smart meters open the door to variable power rates that should make the electrical grid more efficient, meaning less dams and carbon spewing generation. Want to dry your clothes or plug in your electric car at 1 am? Why shouldn't it be cheaper? If you are pro environment you should be pro smart meter even if it "supports" the power company.
windsurf247

Post by windsurf247 »

well I just had 3 digital meters installed replacing the old dial ones and now have a notice that they want to replace them with the smart meters. that don't seem too smart! and this wasteful practice is reflected in our hydro bills I'm sure..
oops it's pastadude logged in at W247's house.
JL

Post by JL »

The second video I posted has some interesting data with respect to cell towers & cancer ... I have a handle on managing my electricity without producing more radiation :?
Thermals are good.